Unable to run SecureAccess on a newly purchased Cruzer 16GB on Windows 7 & Windows XP

I just bought a new GB SanDisk Cruzer and try to run the SecureAccess located on the flash drive.  The message “Please run SanDisk SecureAccess from a SanDisk external device” simply appeared when I run the RunSanDiskSecureAccess_Win located on the flash drive.

I have tried to delete the RunSanDiskSecureAccess_Win and copy the file downloaded fromhttp://kb.sandisk.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2399/related/1/kw/secureaccess/r_id/101834 , but it doesn’t solve the problem, the error message remains unchanged…

I am sure that the folder “My Vault” is present on the flash drive. 

I just bough it hours ago and it is brand new! Could someone suggest a way to solve this problem? Really frustrated by now. :cry: Could someone help? Shall I call the support hotline directly?

@nature_flipper wrote:

I just bought a new GB SanDisk Cruzer and try to run the SecureAccess located on the flash drive.  The message “Please run SanDisk SecureAccess from a SanDisk external device” simply appeared when I run the RunSanDiskSecureAccess_Win located on the flash drive.

I have tried to delete the RunSanDiskSecureAccess_Win and copy the file downloaded fromhttp://kb.sandisk.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2399/related/1/kw/secureaccess/r_id/101834 , but it doesn’t solve the problem, the error message remains unchanged…

I am sure that the folder “My Vault” is present on the flash drive. 

I just bough it hours ago and it is brand new! Could someone suggest a way to solve this problem? Really frustrated by now. :cry: Could someone help? Shall I call the support hotline directly?

This is an excellent idea. That’s what they are there for.

Hi Nature Flipper,

Did you manage to solve this problem?

I have exactly the same issue with the 64gb ultra.

Have done the update, running on windows 7.

Thanks,

D

Personally, I would return it to where I bought it and have them fix it or replace it.

the file that you download is a .zip file. you will need to copy the .zip file to the flash drive and extract it to the flash drive. once this is done you can delete the .zip file and run the .exe

I faced exactly the same problem as you.

Can you share your solution?

Really!!  Have you read any of the solutions posted??  Tried any of them??

Hi,

Same problem experienced here also.

I have downloaded the current version of SecureAccess (29mb PC) saved onto USB before trying to run the program. 

The only .zip version of SecureAccess I can see is for Mac. I was unable for find the solution elsewhere, if anyone knows how to get the program to execure please help.

Many Thanks     

@sanstar wrote:

Hi,

Same problem experienced here also.

I have downloaded the current version of SecureAccess (29mb PC) saved onto USB before trying to run the program. 

The only .zip version of SecureAccess I can see is for Mac. I was unable for find the solution elsewhere, if anyone knows how to get the program to execure please help.

The PC version is an executable file named RunSandiskSecureAccess-Win.exe. Download this and transfer it as-is to your drive. Run it from there. No un-zipping necessary.

I just bought a new 8 GB SanDisk Cruzer and try to run the SecureAccess located on the flash drive. 

Everytime i tried to run the program, i recieved an error msg saying ; “Please run SanDisk SecureAccess from a SanDisk external device.

Spent hours to find a solution with no success. Googling did not help either. At the end, i found a solution purely by chance.

I plugged out my Cruzer from USB port , say A, and plugged in to another USB port, say B.  And that’s all i’ve done!? And everything started to work!

Hope, this helps someone…

1 Like

I just bought a new 8 GB SanDisk Cruzer and try to run the SecureAccess located on the flash drive. 

Everytime i tried to run the program, i recieved an error msg saying ; “Please run SanDisk SecureAccess from a SanDisk external device.

Spent hours to find a solution with no success. Googling did not help either. At the end, i found a solution purely by chance.

I plugged out my Cruzer from USB port , say A, and plugged in to another USB port, say B.  That’s all i’ve done!? And everything started to work!

Hope, this helps someone…

Bought two Cruzer 16GB drives and both have this problem.   Tried different USB ports, different machines, downloaded the updated file, etc.   Total garbage.

Hello,

1.I shall be grateful for assistance in eliminating the password procedure from my new 8gb cruzer so I and other peple can use it to display with t.v. set, dvd, etc and

2.Like other  owners of such a device please assist me to avoid appearing of “error” messages those messages dealing with "external device" etc.

these messages bother me and my family, since they appear simultenously while turnuing on the computer (windows xp system).

3.I tried to solve this by removing the Sandisk program from my computer’ via control panel’ but it didn’t work. Furtheremore, it stuckes my computer completely , except of displaying  thoes unfriendly messages again and again .

(formating th device didn’t solve th problems).

Thanks in advance

ZOHAR

1.I shall be grateful for assistance in eliminating the password procedure from my new 8gb cruzer so I and other peple can use it to display with t.v. set, dvd, etc and

I’ll do my best to answer your questions.

"2.Like other  owners of such a device please assist me to avoid appearing of “error” messages those messages dealing with "external device" etc.

these messages bother me and my family, since they appear simultenously while turnuing on the computer (windows xp system)."

When done using the removable device, which obviously you are when the Windows system is shutdown, remove it.  (Good to hear you’re shutting down your pc periodically.  Good practice to have.)

"3.I tried to solve this by removing the Sandisk program from my computer’ via control panel’ but it didn’t work. Furtheremore, it stuckes my computer completely , except of displaying  thoes unfriendly messages again and again .

(formating th device didn’t solve th problems)."

SecureAccess is a standalone app that runs from the USB drive.  No installation, no uninstall needed. 

To remove SecureAcess from the USB drive delete the 3 files and 2 folders on the drive.  Or it  may be 3 folders and 2 files.  Formatting will do it also but it is such overkill to a simple problem.

Has anyone managed to solve this problem?  I’m getting the same error message

“Please run SanDisk Secure Access from a SanDisk External Device”

no matter which USB port I try, whenever I try to run “RunSanDiskSecureAccess-Win.exe” from the three new 16GB  Sandisk Cruzer USB keys I purchased.  The error message persists no matter if I’m trying the front or back or side USB port, USB2 or USB3, or on the laptop (Windows Vista) or two desktops (Windows 7).  I’ve tried deleting the original exe and downloading it from this page on the SanDisk website:

http://kb.sandisk.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2399

but when I save that exe to the USB key and then try to run the exe from the USB key, I get the same error message.  This happens on all three USB keys.  I’ve also tried running the exe file as an Administrator (although I’m logged into an Admin account on both Vista and the two Win7 machines) to see if that might solve the problem, but it hasn’t.

Does anyone know how to solve this problem?  I’ve been reviewing the many other threads on this issue, but noone has yet posted a solution.

Also, this is the MD5 hash of the file I downloaded from the SanDisk page linked above (SanDisk doesn’t provide an MD5 to check it against, but in case anyone wants to match it against the MD5 of their versions of “RunSanDiskSecureAccess-Win.exe” this is what I got:

53af21eeb4894ca7c84a5a65e50d7a49

Any how, any help solving this issue would be greatly appreciated, otherwise I’ll have to return these SanDisk drives back to the store and try a different brand.

I’ve just had the same problem with a 16Gb Cruzer Blade drive on a Mac - and the solution was that the SanDisk SecureAcces application had to be at the top level of the directory on the drive ( i.e. not inside any another folder)

But isn’t that where the app is when you purchase the Cruzer?

Plugging into another USB port worked for me too.  Thanks!!!

Folks…I just bought a 16GB ScanDisk USB key.  WHen I tried to run the Secure Access application I got the above error.  I had it plugged into a USB3 port.  I moved it to a USB2 port and it worked fine.  After a reboot it still did not work in a USB3 port.  I downloaded the latest version of the Windows application .exe.  It still does not work in a USB3 port, but works fine in a USB2. Cheers…RDK

I can run it at home, but although I can see & open the E:\My Vaults, & the contained E:\My Vaults\RSb-SSA, at school, I don’t see any app to open the enclosed masquerade of folders inside. 

For mnemonic and logistic reasons, I would like to call the vault something other than ‘My Vaults’.  Is that an option?

Can I link to files inside the vault from outside it, so I can keep an open index to the protected files?