Unable to run SecureAccess on a newly purchased Cruzer 16GB on Windows 7 & Windows XP

Changing from USB 3 to a USB 2 port worked for me as well, no more error message.

I have your solution. First, access the file RunSanDiskSecureAccess_Win  in explorer located on the drive. Then, right click and goto properties. Next, click the second top tab; compatibility options. Check the run in xp mode. click apply, ok, close out, then double click the file RunSanDiskSecureAccess_Win and run the program as normal.

I had the same problem.  I ended up trying all my USB Ports and found one that worked. It installed and everything seems to be working fine now.  Try it

I have a sandisk 64GB and ran into the same problem with my windows 10 OS. After hours of messing with it and trying a bunch of different things I finally got my working. I deleted the vault and went to :

https://kb.sandisk.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/12934/~/setting-up-a-private-vault-using-secureaccess-3.0-in-windows

and downloaded the update directly. After it downloaded, I moved it to my thumb drive, clicked on it, and voila… it worked!!!

Hope this helps anyone else looking for a solution.