Let me start off by saying that majority of people will be able to update his/her firmware through the Sansa Firmware Updater. There is even a how-to video that explains the process. If for any reason the aforementioned steps do not work for you, then please feel free to continue by trying the more “computer savy” steps, described below.
SanDisk has just released firmware version 01.27.02 for the Sansa Fuze+. Download links and the release notes are available below.
Windows Users can Connect the device in any Mode and follow the instructions below.
Mac and Linux users can connect their Fuze in MSC or Auto Detect mode and follow the instructions below.
MSC mode instructions:
- Turn on the Fuze+
- Navigate to “Settings” on the menu of the device itself
- Scroll down to and select USB Mode
- Select MSC
Sansa Fuze+ Firmware 01.27.02 download and installation instructions
Update using the Sansa Firmware updater
For Sansa Firmware Updater - Click here to download
Manual Firmware Update download and Instructions
Manual Firmware Update All Regions - Click here to download
All languages are now in one firmware version. After firmware update you will need to select your Language and Region preference.
• Ensure your battery is > 50% full.
• Extract the .zip file into a folder on your computer.
• Once extracted, drag the file to the root directory of your Sansa Fuze+.
• Disconnect the Sansa Fuze and let it begin the firmware update.
• Once it finally finishes doing its update, it will turn itself off.
• Turn the Fuze+ on Select your language and region preference
• Once its back to the main menu, head to “Settings” > “Info”, and verify the “Version” is now 01.27.02"x".
Sansa Fuze+ Firmware 01.27.02 Release Notes
This new firmware has various bug fixes, including key fixes listed below, as well as enhancements. Upon completion of the firmware upgrade, the device will turn off. Power on the device to complete the upgrade process. If the device does not initiate or complete, press & hold the Power switch for 15 seconds to reset the device and then press and hold power button again to restart.
- added '*' next to the current item in settings
- added Radio recording starts immediately after pressing Record Radio from the Radio Options
- added Music Now Playing Press and Hold function for Add/Remove on “Music Go List”
- improved & refine Brightness Control
- added “delete all radio recording” item
- updated the word inside Settings Background Menu, Color: ->Pattern: , Pattern->Sansa
- added a star/asterisk in front of the command Shuffle all when there is enabled Shuffle mode
- disabled FM recording when FM is in Pause
- added a message to indicate FM upgrade complete
- added Low Battery Warning Message and Low Battery Blinking
- Audible chapter browsing
- Video resume function
- Power Saver doesn't work on FM pause mode
- Music sorting issue
- EQ do not work with slotRadio
- incorrect play mode on Podcast playback
- incorrect communication between PC and device during MTP connection
- Device doesn’t resume podcast playback
- Cannot play Top Rated or Recently Added Songs
- Popping noise when changing the speed of podcast
- Some .mp4 videos will cause device to restart when swipe from Music to Video
- Some language strings are still not translated
- The Pause/Play icon showed not clearly on voice now playing screen