Let me start off by saying that majority of people will be able to update his/her firmware through the Sansa Firmware Updater. There is even a how-to video that explains the process. If for any reason the aforementioned steps do not work for you, then please feel free to continue by trying the more “computer savy” steps, described below.
SanDisk has just released firmware version 01.30.01 for the Sansa Fuze+. Download links and the release notes are available below.
Windows Users can Connect the device in any Mode and follow the instructions below.
Mac and Linux users can connect their Fuze in MSC or Auto Detect mode and follow the instructions below.
MSC mode instructions:
- Turn on the Fuze+
- Navigate to Settings on the menu of the device itself
- Scroll down to and select USB Mode
- Select MSC
Sansa Fuze+ Firmware 01.30.01 Download and Installation instructions
Update using the Sansa Firmware Updater
For Sansa Firmware Updater - Click here to download
Manual Firmware Update (Download and Instructions)
Manual Firmware Update (All Regions) - Click here to download
All languages are now in one firmware version. After firmware update you will need to select your Language and Region preference.
• Remove any external card from the Fuze+ before performing firmware update
• Ensure your battery is > 50% full.
• Plug in your Sansa Fuze+ to your computer.
• Extract the firmware.sb file from the .zip file you just downloaded into a folder on your computer.
• Once extracted, drag the file to the root directory of your Sansa Fuze+.
• Disconnect the Sansa Fuze+ and let the firmware update begin.
• Once it finally finishes doing its update, it will turn itself off.
• Turn the Fuze+ on, Select your language and region preference
• Once its back to the main menu, head to “Settings” > “Info”, and verify the “Version” is now 01.30.01"x".
Sansa Fuze+ Firmware 01.30.01 Release Notes
This new firmware has various bug fixes, including key fixes listed below, as well as enhancements. Upon completion of the firmware upgrade, the device will turn off; power on the device to complete the upgrade process. If the device does not initiate or complete, press & hold the Power switch for 15 seconds to reset the device and then press and hold power button again to restart.
- Added “play” icon in front of the current playing podcast
- Added “play” icon in front of the current playing audible
- Device will put files into podcasts and audiobooks based on their genres
- Music and Podcast resume do not work correctly
- Background image changed after adding or removing contents from device
- Podcast goes into pause mode when tapping on “back” button to go into “now playing” screen
- Fuze+ had problems playing back slotRadio cards: RB, Classical and Rock
- Repeat song icon is incorrect
- Device displayed ARTIST tag wrong for FLAC content
- Device does not always recognize a microSD card
- Device sometimes disconnects and reconnects while connecting to PC
- Device does not record continuously
- RDS info sometimes does not display correctly on device
- Device lowers volume while turning volume up when PreGain is ON
- Sluggish performance with full library
- Resume does not work for .wma and .mp3 files tagged as audiobooks that show up under “audiobooks” in the main menu