Let me start off by saying that majority of people will be able to update his/her firmware through the Sansa Firmware Updater. There is even a how-to video that explains the process. If for any reason the aforementioned steps do not work for you, then please feel free to continue by trying the more “computer savy” steps, described below.
SanDisk has just released firmware version 01.29.03 for the Sansa Fuze+. Download links and the release notes are available below.
Windows Users can Connect the device in any Mode and follow the instructions below.
Mac and Linux users can connect their Fuze in MSC or Auto Detect mode and follow the instructions below.
MSC mode instructions:
- Turn on the Fuze+
- Navigate to “Settings” on the menu of the device itself
- Scroll down to and select USB Mode
- Select MSC
Sansa Fuze+ Firmware 01.29.03 download and installation instructions
Update using the Sansa Firmware updater
For Sansa Firmware Updater - Click here to download
Manual Firmware Update download and Instructions
Manual Firmware Update All Regions - Click here to download
All languages are now in one firmware version. After firmware update you will need to select your Language and Region preference.
• Remove any external card from the Fuze+ before performing Firmware update
• Ensure your battery is > 50% full.
• Extract the .zip file into a folder on your computer.
• Once extracted, drag the file to the root directory of your Sansa Fuze+.
• Disconnect the Sansa Fuze and let it begin the firmware update.
• Once it finally finishes doing its update, it will turn itself off.
• Turn the Fuze+ on Select your language and region preference
• Once its back to the main menu, head to “Settings” > “Info”, and verify the “Version” is now 01.29.03"x".
Sansa Fuze+ Firmware 01.29.03 Release Notes
This new firmware has various bug fixes, including key fixes listed below, as well as enhancements. Upon completion of the firmware upgrade, the device will turn off; power on the device to complete the upgrade process. If the device does not initiate or complete, press & hold the Power switch for 15 seconds to reset the device and then press and hold power button again to restart.
- Added delete option to Music, Videos, Podcasts, Audiobooks, Photos, Voice Records, FM Records
- Podcast genre support: .mp3 files with podcast genre will be shown under Podcast menu
- My Top Rated is added under Playlist
- Added Spanish to language list
- Force device into MSC mode using key combination (Device OFF press & hold Volume down Button and connect device to PC)
- Set Time and Date will be highlighted and in bold
- Add “None” to the Background setting under Image
- When Chapter mode is OFF, device displays only the total number of audibles on the device and when Chapter mode is ON, it will display the total chapters for that particular audible
- Added Repeat One under Music Options
- Inconsistent song sorting when there is content on Internal and External memory
- Unable to activate device in Audible Manager when device is in MSC mode
- Device automatically restarts when user tries to navigate main menu after added video files
- Device did not display the album art and correct artist’s name of FLAC files
- Device reads and displays incorrect number of songs when more songs are added after a large number of songs had been added.
- Title of audible didn’t refresh when browsing another audible while one was playing
- Device changed into another USB mode after formatting
- Incorrect resume behavior for audiobooks
- “Resume last” appears even though the audiobook hasn’t been played
- Device sometimes disconnects and reconnects while connecting to PC
- Device does not record continuously
- Podcast pauses when tapping on Back button to go into Now playing screen
- RDS info sometimes does not display correctly on device
- Device lowers volume while turning volume up when PreGain is ON
- Resume not working when switching between Music and Podcast playback