Firmware is the software code that powers your Fuze+. You can think of it as the operating system. SanDisk actively and periodically updates the capabilities, functionality, and reliability of the Firmware. For an optimal experience with your Fuze+, SanDisk recommends that you update your Firmware with each new release. It’s fast, easy, and free!
SanDisk has just released firmware version 02.37.01 for the Sansa Fuze+. Download links and the release notes are available below.
Windows Users can Connect the device in any Mode and follow the instructions below.
Mac and Linux users can connect their Fuze in MSC or Auto Detect mode and follow the instructions below.
MSC mode instructions:
- Turn on the Fuze+
- Navigate to Settings on the menu of the device itself
- Scroll down to and select USB Mode
- Select MSC
Sansa Fuze+ Firmware 02.37.01 Download and Installation instructions
Update using the Sansa Firmware Updater
For Sansa Firmware Updater - Click here to download
Manual Firmware Update (Download and Instructions)
Manual Firmware Update (All Regions) - Click here to download
All languages are now in one firmware version. After firmware update you will need to select your Language and Region preference.
• Remove any external card from the Fuze+ before performing firmware update
• Ensure your battery is > 50% full.
• Plug in your Sansa Fuze+ to your computer.
• Extract the firmware.sb file from the .zip file you just downloaded into a folder on your computer.
• Once extracted, drag the file to the root directory of your Sansa Fuze+.
• Disconnect the Sansa Fuze+ and let the firmware update begin.
• Once it finally finishes doing its update, it will turn itself off.
• Turn the Fuze+ on, Select your language and region preference
• Once its back to the main menu, head to “Settings” > “Info”, and verify the “Version” is now 02.37.01"x".
Sansa Fuze+ Firmware 02.37.01 Release Notes
This new firmware has various bug fixes, including key fixes listed below, as well as enhancements. Upon completion of the firmware upgrade, the device will turn off; power on the device to complete the upgrade process. If the device does not initiate or complete, press & hold the Power switch for 15 seconds to reset the device and then press and hold power button again to restart.
- Change the lock to press the power button
- Add press and hold on any song in the list view or while in the play screen to add song to the Go List
- Show the date next to the word Date: under Settings
- The format of the date setting will change according to region North America: MM/DD/YY; all other regions: DD/MM/YY
- Press and hold of the back button will jump back to Main menu faster
- Recorded file’s name will include extra information FM recording: 98.2 MMDDYY (change according to region) -001 Voice recording: MMDDYY(change according to region) - 001
- Option to display 24 hours clock
- Change “Podcasts” to “Books” in the Main menu
- Added * (star) next to selected item in Settings menu items
- Change “Shuffle All” to “Shuffle List” for music playback
- Audiobook folder added to the internal memory
- Device didn’t record voice/FM continuously
- Device jumps back to Main menu when tapping on “Back” button while in Rhapsody info page under Settings menu
- Tapping on “Back” button doesn’t stop device from popping up message “DRM license expired…”
- Device doesn’t display correct number of songs when the total number of songs is larger than 10,000
- Not playing back slotRadio cards for certain titles: RB, Classical and Rock
- Device lowers volume when turning volume up while PreGain is active
- Show the slide show time under Settings > Photo
- When playing podcast, it will also show under Music
- Device displayed “DRM license not available” even though Rhapsody’s subscription is still valid
- Stations increment for US and World regions are not correct
- Device terminated recording as soon as device is locked
- Volume button is not functioning after device is locked
- RDS info sometimes does not display correctly on device
- Album Artist tag in FLAC file is not properly displayed
- Certain OGG content cannot play
- Sluggish performance with full library
- After firmware downgrade/upgrade, contents from internal memory is showing under card or contents under card are no longer showing up (Work Around - Remove and reinsert micro SD card)