Firmware is the software code that powers your Fuze+. You can think of it as the operating system. SanDisk actively and periodically updates the capabilities, functionality, and reliability of the Firmware. For an optimal experience with your Fuze+, SanDisk recommends that you update your Firmware with each new release. It’s fast, easy, and free!
SanDisk has just released firmware version 02.38.06 for the Sansa Fuze+. Download links and the release notes are available below.
Windows Users can Connect the device in any Mode and follow the instructions below.
Mac and Linux users can connect their Fuze in MSC or Auto Detect mode and follow the instructions below.
MSC mode instructions:
- Turn on the Fuze+
- Navigate to Settings on the menu of the device itself
- Scroll down to and select USB Mode
- Select MSC
Sansa Fuze+ Firmware 02.38.06 Download and Installation instructions
Manual Firmware Update (Download and Instructions)
Manual Firmware Update (All Regions) - Click here to download
All languages are now in one firmware version. After firmware update you will need to select your Language and Region preference.
• Remove any external card from the Fuze+ before performing firmware update
• Ensure your battery is > 50% full.
• Plug in your Sansa Fuze+ to your computer.
• Extract the firmware.sb file from the .zip file you just downloaded into a folder on your computer.
• Once extracted, drag the file to the root directory of your Sansa Fuze+.
• Disconnect the Sansa Fuze+ and let the firmware update begin.
• Once it finally finishes doing its update, it will turn itself off.
• Turn the Fuze+ on, Select your language and region preference
• Once its back to the main menu, head to “Settings” > “Info”, and verify the “Version” is now 02.38.06"x".
Sansa Fuze+ Firmware 02.38.06 Release Notes
This new firmware has various bug fixes, including key fixes listed below, as well as enhancements. Upon completion of the firmware upgrade, the device will turn off; power on the device to complete the upgrade process. If the device does not initiate or complete, press & hold the Power switch for 15 seconds to reset the device and then press and hold power button again to restart.
Music content browsing by folder
Menu looping feature added
Audiobook sort order improvement
Low battery state early warning message added
Content library handling improvement
Device didn’t resume correctly for slotRadio card and audiobook playback
Some microSD cards were not recognized
Certain FLAC and OGG files could not play
Playlist doesn’t resume correctly
After firmware downgrade/upgrade, contents from internal memory is showing under card or contents under card are no longer showing up (Work around: remove and reinsert card)