Sansa Fuze+ Firmware 01.30.01

I love my fuze+ I have owned other Mp3 player before. This one I have enjoyed.until I install 01.30.01 now I just want to know how to get it out of my device Where is the uninstall!!! and I

Still can’t get videos loaded and it seems too be taking a long time to load SD card. Sandisk needs to post Email address for Customer Service Help!!!

There is no firmware uninstall , as the firmware is essentially the Fuze’s operating system.  You can, however, replace it with the previous version, or any desired version, for that matter.

Here are some handy links.  Follow the manual installation instructions.

Fuze+ 01.29.03 firmware link

Fuze+ 01.27.02 firmware link

The current firmware build is sailing along fine on my machine.  Well, all except a few wee kinks on the list.  What kind of difficulties are you experiencing?  Describe the type of videos you are trying to load, and your steps tried, and we can go from there.

The refresh time when starting up will no doubt be addressed.  I have crossed more than one pair of fingers, hoping for good juju.

Bob  :stuck_out_tongue:

Sorry if I am in the wrong forum, but - I just installed the new firmware, hoping that it would cure my problems with “unknown artists” and strangely orderd files. I am using Ubuntu, to install the Files including covers I am using a program that re-tags them (with ID3v1 and ID3v2, APE). In some cases, it works, in others, I just get a mess: Unknown artist, pieces are stored from, say, 7 to 1. That’s quite annoying as you can imagine … I don’t see the difference to the files that work. Is there any idea how to fix this?

I see that I can work with .ogg-files quite well, but still, things should be simpler :neutral_face:

Thanks, Eike

@kontrapunkt2006 wrote:

Sorry if I am in the wrong forum, but - I just installed the new firmware, hoping that it would cure my problems with “unknown artists” and strangely orderd files. I am using Ubuntu, to install the Files including covers I am using a program that re-tags them (with ID3v1 and ID3v2, APE). In some cases, it works, in others, I just get a mess: Unknown artist, pieces are stored from, say, 7 to 1. That’s quite annoying as you can imagine … I don’t see the difference to the files that work. Is there any idea how to fix this?

I see that I can work with .ogg-files quite well, but still, things should be simpler :neutral_face:

Thanks, Eike

See if your program can write them as ID3v2.3 ISO 8859-1.

I am an out of work man and my last treat to my self was to buy a Fuze+ 8 GB Mp3 and even got the 3 in one accesory kit.and and aSandisk 8 GB Micro SD card  just alittle over one month a go. Last week  I downloaded the up grade( 1.30.01 ) that was on your web page and now My Fuze+ takes along time load, to play a song after turning it on I loved using this product before this I took it every where  went. Now  leave and I am back home again before it finshed loading.  And can’t aford to buy anthere right now. Being out of work and going out looking for work I looked for to listing to music, singing a song to help ease the pain and worriess of the day. I feel like I have weasted my money.  How do I reload another upgrade or undo 1.30.01 PLEASE!!! HELP!!! me fix this problem I feel like crying every time I look at it now.Please Help My email is I 'd be willing to leave my phone number If I could talk to someone that could help

someone explains how to revert to a previous firmware version a couple posts up.

thanks Bob

But now I can’t get the older firmware (01.29.03 or .01.27.02) to install because it I have the latest firmware (1.30.01)update already ininstalled. Anybody Help !!!

@nixx wrote:

thanks Bob

But now I can’t get the older firmware (01.29.03 or .01.27.02) to install because it I have the latest firmware (1.30.01)update already ininstalled. Anybody Help !!!

If you follow the manual install instructions in the links Bob posted, you can install the older firmware versions over top of the newer existing one with no problem. If you are still having trouble, I’d suggest calling SanDisk Tech Support:

North America Technical Support
1-866-SANDISK (726-3475)
6am - 7pm Pacific Standard Time
9am - 10pm Eastern Standard Time
CLOSED Saturdays and Sundays
OPEN on Dec. 26

and they can walk you through it on the phone. :smiley:

@nixx wrote:

thanks Bob

First, be sure that a microSD card is NOT installed in your Fuze+.  Once removed, be sure to set that wee beastie where it won’t be misplaced!  On the player, go to Settings > USB mode > MSC.

Download the desired firmware in the post above.  The links will direct you to the main page for each version.  Look for the link under Manual Firmware Update download and Instructions.   It will be a zipped file, save it to your desktop, and unzip the file.

Open a Windows Explorer window (My Computer / Computer), then plug in your Fuze+.  The Fuze+ will show up as two drives, click on the first one listed alphabetically.  You should see a series of folders.  This is the root directory of the Fuze+.

Drag and drop the firmware.sb file, once it has been decompressed or unzipped, into the Windows Explorer box, placing it next to the group of folders, but not inside any of them.  That was easy, huh?  Now, after transfer is complete, you can unplug the Fuze+, and the firmware file will install automatically.

Bob  :stuck_out_tongue:

I want to thank all those who replied to my call for help by posted on this board It was a big help Bobs fix worked.I can’t pay you but I can Wish you Merry Christmas , Happy Holidays, and Unlimited Countless Blessing to you and your Homes This coming New Year. Remember what you do for others you to receive in abundance.

Thanks Nixx

of Louisville Ky

P.S… Now lets work on that Homeless problem and that World hunger thing

I hope we get a new firmware release soon. I like some of the improvements on the newer version, but the choppiness on a large media library in the new releases keeps me stuck about 2 versions back. It’d be nice if we could get a fix soon.

thanks a lot for your work and explanations! check out here and read 10 things that should be removed from your resume!