Sansa Fuze Firmware Version 1.01.11
Let me start off by saying that majority of people will be able to update his/her firmware through the Sansa Firmware Updater. There is even a how-to video that explains the process. If for any reason the aforementioned steps do not work for you, then please feel free to continue by trying the more “computer savy” steps, described below.
SanDisk has just released the 01.01.11 firmware revision for the Sansa Fuze. Download links and the release notes are available below.
For Sansa Firmware Updater - Click here to download
For AMERICAS - Click here to download.
For EUROPE w/o FM - Click here to download.
For EUROPE w/ FM - Click here to download.
For PACIFIC Region - Click here to download.
- Extract the .zip file into a folder on your computer.
- Once extracted, drag the file to the root directory of your Sansa Fuze.
- Disconnect the Sansa Fuze and let it begin the firmware update.
- Once it finally finishes doing its update, it will turn itself off. Turn it back on and once its back to the main menu, head to “System Settings” > “System Info”, and verify the “Version” is now 01.01.11"x".
Windows Users can Connect the device in any “Mode” and follow the instructions below.
Mac and Linux users can connect their Fuze in MSC mode and follow the instructions below.
MSC mode instructions :
- Turn on the Fuze
- Navigate to “System Settings” on the menu of the device itself
- Next, navigate to “USB Mode” and select “MSC”
Release notes for Sansa Fuze Version 1.01.11
This new firmware has various bug fixes, including key fixes listed below. Upon completion of the firmware upgrade, the device will turn off. Power on the device to complete the upgrade process. If the device does not initiate or complete, press & hold the Power switch for 6 seconds to reset the device and then release and press again to restart.
· External album art dropped to device in MSC mode shows up under Photos.
· Refreshing database looses bookmarks for Audiobooks.
· Audiobooks resume to paused state instead of continuing playback.
· Music playback doesn’t resume after plugging into PC in off mode.
Localized region firmware
· The default USB mode for EMEA region is now MSC.
· Device jumps to next song if Photo Option is pressed during Slideshow with Music Shuffle on.· “Song Added to GoList” message shows up if center button is pressed in Video menu.
· The >|| button is used to control music play/pause instead of scroll up.
· Device displays “Subscription Expired” messages causing device to not respond to key presses (Work around: Restart device or press keys repeatedly to escape looping).
· Music “Play Previous” menu item does not appear/function after returning from FM, Video, Photo, Podcasts, or Audiobooks playback (Work around: Go to Music > Songs to access last played song).
Message Edited by MrSmileyFace on 04-02-2008 08:08 PM
Message Edited by SansaMe on 06-17-2008 01:15 PM