sandisk e260r is stuck on the start up screen PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!

My dad got me my sandisk 2 years ago and something happened to where it does not get passed the start up screen but I can put it in recovery mode and the 16mb format file comes up under my computer and I have tried using sansa updater and it failed to detect my sandisk and I have searched the internet for an answer and I find a lot of sites say they had similar problems so I tried them out and they did not work I am not sure of what version of sandisk I have(ex. e200v1, e200v2, e200r). Someone please  help I would like to use my sandisk again.

If you have a Recovery mode, it means you have a v1 model. I’m sure you would know if it’s a Rhapsody; there would be a Rhapsody splash screen during start-up. I know you can’t see it now, but remember back when it was working, did it have one? You can also check the back plate for the word Rhapsody, although this isn’t 100% reliable.

Assuming that it is a v1 then, manually download and extract the firmware .zip file you’ll find here. Note there are different firmware versions for different geographical locations. Download the one appropriate to where you are.

Connect in Recovery Mode (HOLD/LOCK switch on, press and hold REW button while connecting) and drag & drop the extracted firmware file into the 16mb partition. Once copied over, move the HOLD/LOCK button away from the headphone jack and un-plug the player. It should load/install the firmware and you should be back in business.

I have the same issue… I followed your advice, and the player keeps looping in the SanDisk splash. It comes on, Sandisk grays out, starts to go white, then right back to the SanDisk logo… over, and over and over…

HELP!

@nujets2003 wrote:

I have the same issue… I followed your advice, and the player keeps looping in the SanDisk splash. It comes on, Sandisk grays out, starts to go white, then right back to the SanDisk logo… over, and over and over…

Can you connect successfully to your computer? Do you have a v1 or v2
 model? If v1, can you enter Recovery Mode in order to manually re-apply the firmware?

V1 models are prone to the internal daughterboard becoming un-plugged from the motherboard. A simple press on the board will generally reseat it. See this post (and thread in general) for a discussion and pictures on this:

http://forums.sandisk.com/t5/Sansa-e200-series/Black-screen-on-boot-up/m-p/72938#M24711

It’s a V1 from whatI can tell, with an R emblazoned on the back. I was able to update the firmware in the Recovery mode, and tried pushing on the duaghterboard. It finally starts up just fine, but if I choose a song, and oush the center button, it will reboot… or if it plays a file, it reboots at the end of the song. Ideas?

It sounds like there may be a small crack in the internal circuit board, given that it now starts up OK, but reboots when you press a button.

Sorry, but it may be time to get a new one, You can probably sell this one for parts (battery, casing, etc.) on eBay if you’re interested.

Btw, the ‘R’ on the back indicates it’s been refurbished. Refurbs are a gamble. They’re ones that were returned to begin with. :wink: