How is ExpressCache 1.3.2 working?

Hi all -

So quiet?

Please list all compliments, complaints and suggestions, here.

If you had already posted in another thread you can copy and paste it here, too.

Tnx, Flavio.

“Helping SanDisk make a better product.”

Not seeing any difference with the new version. Not sure if that’s bad or good. But no difference. I don’t think they changed much from the previous version. The installation file size turned out to be exactly the same as the previous one.

Experienced a rare BSOD. I have no idea anymore if its RC causing it or not. Circumstances were different than what used to cause BSOD. The recent one was caused by “Ntfs.sys” - address Ntfs.sys+7a419. The previous ones were caused by “ntoskrnl.exe” - address ntoskrnl.exe+75bc0.

So far there have been one cache reset.

I only just got the ExpressCache recently, but 1.3.1 and 1.3.2 have been working fine for me.

I never put my computer to sleep so that might have me avoiding some of the problems from what I’ve read.

The only complaint I have is it is accessing my backup drive which is a Western Digital Green so if I hadn’t noticed and changed the idle time on it it would probably be dead now from all the idle/wakeup cycles.

As for the file size, I have both 1.3.1 and 1.3.2 install files saved and there is a 0.1MB difference so they aren’t the same size.

@Outrager,

You said…

“The only complaint I have is it is accessing my backup drive which is a Western Digital Green so if I hadn’t noticed and changed the idle time on it it would probably be dead now from all the idle/wakeup cycles.”

Do you mean that ExpressCache 1.3.2 is still accessing external devices?

If not, this needs to be corrected. Please confirm if this problem still exists.

Ciao,

Flavio :slight_smile:

It freezes 10 sec while booting just as they said. :slight_smile:

So far it didn’ t reset the cache.

@Flavio I don’t have any external drives connected. It is just a separate drive inside my PC case.

Let’s make a “To Do” list for the next revision of ExpresssCache -

If there is anything that still needs correcting by SanDisk, please post your concerns.

• There is a < 10 second delay during Windows reboot when the cache is filled up to 90%+
    • Cache Reset issues still present. Has evertone been PM’ing their data to slotmonsta as requested? Click here.

Flavio

To all,

Let’s make a “To Do” list for the next revision of ExpressCache -

If there is anything that still needs correcting by SanDisk, please post your concerns.

• There is a < 10 second delay during Windows reboot when the cache is filled up to 90%+
    • Cache Reset issues still present. Has evertone been PM’ing their data to slotmonsta as requested? Click here.

Thanks,

Flavio

To all,

Suggestion - let’s make a “To Do” list for the next revision of ExpressCache -

If there is anything that still needs correcting by SanDisk, please post your concerns as a list.

Thanks,

Flavio

To all,

If there is anything that still needs correcting by SanDisk, please post your concerns here as a list.

• Cache Reset issues still present. Has everyone been PM’ing their data to slotmonsta as requested? Click here.

Thanks,

Flavio

To all,

If there is anything that still needs correcting by SanDisk, please post your concerns here as a list.

• Cache Reset issues still present. Has everyone been PM’ing their data to slotmonsta as requested? Click here.

TIA,

Flavio

There has to be a drive select option.

For example i only want to cache C and D disks. Not the other ones.

It would be great if SanDisk can take a active role in this thread and address these issues.

It would be great if SanDisk can take a active role in this thread and clarify/address these remaining EC issues.

The finish line is within sight… I hope.

It would be great if SanDisk could take an active role in this thread and clarify/address these remaining EC issues.

From another post:

My cache is filled up as the screenshot shows and it take 1.35 minutes to get to the login screen!!! 

this is with 1.3.2.  I actually think my PC might boot up just as fast or faster without ReadyCache.

cache - https://www.dropbox.com/s/hgpj4cvmjhompan/cache.JPG

boot - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=40FpvBixpiI

Motherboard - GA-MA78GPM-UD2H (rev. 1.0)  AMD 780G + SB700 Chipset

Windows 7 64-bit

This needs to get fixed pronto or I am going to have to remove this drive from my PC.

Constant resets, and yes no imprvement in performance, might actually a drag esp considering the never ending defrag

Beyond the lack of performance i think its beating itself to death.   SSDs have finite lifespans, usually expect a few gb in writes a day as normal usage for their life estimates…and thats on real ssds with good controllers, this is more a high end flash thumb drive.  So flush just 3 times a day and thats 100gb.  Its just not going to last…while doing nothing either  

It also keeps other drives running.

I’m at my wits end on this

Hi all,

I politely ask slotmonsta, gls, drlucky and other SanDisk employees to urgently help and comment here.

You can also PM them and ask that they reply in this forum. Procrastination prevents progress.

Flavio

This morning (system on overnight) ExpressCach had an error that the drive was not available. I restarted the GUI without rebooting, and ExpressCache came right up. The error is not something that I have ever seen before.

This past week, my system has been hanging with frustrating frequency. I’m not ready to blame ExpressCach, but neither am I ready to rule it out.

had significantly fewer errors with this release, and though it might be something i’ve done i have noticed the cache fills with a lot more data as well as a lot faster after a reset.

seems overall better than the last version.