hi my mum just bought me the fuze+ in order to replace my zen xi-fi which broke due to creatives crappy software
i just wanted to know if i should update the firmware on my fuze+ it is brand new i and i havent loaded anythng on it… i read about how the firmware made the player interface worse … can some one give me advice wether to leave the player the way it is and just load my music or update it with the new firmware?/?
I would update it. Several issues were fixed and/or improved, like the locking procedure. You can get the latest firmware update here. I wouldn’t bother with the Updater; just manually install it.
how do you install it manually?
Follow the instructions in the firmware post I linked to.
they moved the lock/unlock feature to the on/off button; took me a while to figure that one out.
that sounds better than the pause play button , but what i really want to know is , will it give my player any problems in the future. i havent updated the firmware yet and the players fine for me…:womanwink:
Given the list of enhancements and bug fixes this update addresses, personally I think it’s a no-brainer.
- Change the lock to press the power button
- Add press and hold on any song in the list view or while in the play screen to add song to the Go List
- Show the date next to the word Date: under Settings
- The format of the date setting will change according to region North America: MM/DD/YY; all other regions: DD/MM/YY
- Press and hold of the back button will jump back to Main menu faster
- Recorded file’s name will include extra information FM recording: 98.2 MMDDYY (change according to region) -001 Voice recording: MMDDYY(change according to region) - 001
- Option to display 24 hours clock
- Change “Podcasts” to “Books” in the Main menu
- Added * (star) next to selected item in Settings menu items
- Change “Shuffle All” to “Shuffle List” for music playback
- Audiobook folder added to the internal memory
- Device didn’t record voice/FM continuously
- Device jumps back to Main menu when tapping on “Back” button while in Rhapsody info page under Settings menu
- Tapping on “Back” button doesn’t stop device from popping up message “DRM license expired…”
- Device doesn’t display correct number of songs when the total number of songs is larger than 10,000
- Not playing back slotRadio cards for certain titles: RB, Classical and Rock
- Device lowers volume when turning volume up while PreGain is active
- Show the slide show time under Settings > Photo
- When playing podcast, it will also show under Music
- Device displayed “DRM license not available” even though Rhapsody’s subscription is still valid
- Stations increment for US and World regions are not correct
- Device terminated recording as soon as device is locked
- Volume button is not functioning after device is locked
Don’t dwell on what might happen in the future, rather rejoice in the improvements that have already been made.