Can anyone please tell me the all the new features of the newest firmware?

Thanks,

SR

@sr_rox wrote:

Thanks,

SR

This firmware has several new feature updates as well as many key enhancements and bug fixes, as listed below. Upon completion of the firmware upgrade, the device will turn off.  Power on the device to complete the upgrade process.  If the device does not initiate or complete, press & hold the Power switch for 10 seconds to reset the device and then release and press again to restart.

New features
• Sleep Timer – accessed via Settings > System Settings > Sleep

Enhancements
• Accelerating Scroll wheel speed during navigation
• File cursor position saved for last played file of each Audiobook
• GoList expanded to 200 tracks
• Add entire Artist or Album to GoList with press and hold during navigation
• Support Disc Number ID3 Tags for Sorting Multi Disc collections

Bugs Fixed  
• Play Previous disappears after power cycle
• Podcast sort order inverted
• Sometimes Fuze does not respond to Power Off switch
• Unexpected refresh database
• Files placed in Podcasts or Audiobooks folder on external card will not show up in device’s user interface
• Standard line out level is not used in Dock mode
• Device hangs on PC connection with Photo slideshow paused
• Incorrect translations in German language
• Album art does not show up after transferring using Napster application
• Cannot transfer Audible files to external card. Audible manager freezes upon selecting external card to transfer.
• Backlight setting of 5 seconds causes device to hang upon going into backlight saving mode
• MP3 128kbps VBR and CBR files skipping / popping during playback with backlight off
• Certain MP3 128kbps 44KHz CBR files play very slow
• Other miscellaneous fixes

Known Issues
• It takes a long time (2+ min) to delete song if device has lots of content
• There is a pause (less than 1 second) when selecting “Play All” – transition not smooth
• Rating info is lost following database refresh on songs loaded in microSD
• With Rhapsody channels content, press and hold to add Artist to GoList may not work.  Work around is navigate to Album level to add entire albums from one Artist

Not really. There is one person on here who knows forsure and he aint talkin. We do know that there will be enhancements to ogg playback support, and some other play back enhancements in the next firmware but thats all we have been able to confirm.

Thanks a lot marvin_martian.Appreciate it.But I thought the last firmware upgrade consisted support for OGG and FLAC files isn’t it?

Thanks,

SR

They were already in there. The next one will have some upgrades to this support.The last upgrade for the clip had that support added on I think.

any support for id3tag v2.4? All my mp3 are tagged by foobar2000 but in Fuze I can’t recognize all the characters and I don’t wanna retag all my mp3…

I recently had a file “disappear” because it was tagged ID3 v2.4, and I’m using the latest version. Personally I think its pretty crazy that Sandisk has no problem making people futz with what version of ID3 tags they’re using. This is basic MP3 functionality, and its broken.

Message Edited by bdb on 02-28-2009 10:19 AM

2.4 is relatively new is it not? I dont even think my version of mp3tag has it. This is something that needs to be addressed in both directions. I dont think you should have to update your tags if you have v2.1 tags.

@kkl wrote:
any support for id3tag v2.4? All my mp3 are tagged by foobar2000 but in Fuze I can’t recognize all the characters and I don’t wanna retag all my mp3…

I believe it’s been said that the next firmware update (due by the end of March) will include ID3v2.4 support. :smiley: