Download Error when trying to d/l SMC & Firmware update

Hi -

I’m new to the forum and have been poking around but haven’t found an answer to my question. I’ve read the FAQ’s, sent a message to Support which was answered with a bunch of unhelpful links to the FAQs and I still can’t seem to figure this out. I found the manual download link but I’m confused what to do after I download it.  I’d really rather be able to use the automatic download/installer.

I repeatedly get download errors when downloading the SMC and the firmware update for my new Fuze+.  It gets to 100% and then says error, try again later.  I’ve tried over a dozen times and get the same thing time after time.  Any ideas?  i’d really like to be able to use all the capabilities of my Fuze+.  I’ve tried downloading them separately and that doesn’t work, either.

Any help is appreciated!

Thanks

Could be your firewall preventing the transfer, but you can easily upgrade the firmware manually by following the directions here.

The Updater amounts to little more than nag-ware once the firmware update is downloaded. Every time you plug your player into your computer it will ‘phone home’ looking for updates, slowing your system down in the process. No mor often than what updates come out, this can get real old real fast.

The SMC is also problematic. With the Fuze+ you can use any video conversion program. Here are the specs.

Could be your firewall preventing the transfer, but you can easily upgrade the firmware manually by following the directions here.

The Updater amounts to little more than nag-ware once the firmware update is downloaded. Every time you plug your player into your computer it will ‘phone home’ looking for updates, slowing your system down in the process. No more often than what updates come out, this can get real old real fast.

The SMC is also problematic. With the Fuze+ you can use any video conversion program. Here are the specs.

To get both applications, there are a few steps.  First, download and install the Sansa Media Converter.  Once installed, plug in the Fuze, and open the Updater application (it won’t do anything if the firmware of the Sansa matches the current build).  From the pop up menu choices, with the Sansa connected, the option to download the Media Converter will appear.

With the Fuze, you can use an application like AnyVideoConverter, it will play the converted files without using the SMC.  Select avi as your format.

Bob  :smileyvery-happy:

I don’t like SMC, SMC gone mad. :angry: