Best Sansa Fuze case?

Post some. Not looking to spend a fortune, but I don’t want scratches and I’m afraid of dropping it, so it has to be a plastic case or something, not the rubber/leather ones.

@shenanagins1091 wrote:
Post some. Not looking to spend a fortune, but I don’t want scratches and I’m afraid of dropping it, so it has to be a plastic case or something, not the rubber/leather ones.

The silicone skins(which are rubber/leather-like) would give better protection when dropping your Fuze than one of the hard plastic cases would…a little cushion on the landing, when paired with a screen protector, would be better than the hard plastic , IMO. That’s what I have on mine.

So MR. Martian What do you have? The OP is not the only person looking. I too would like to buy a FUZE Spesific case, I have been modifying Ipod covers for a month and a half and its getting old.

@conversionbox wrote:
So MR. Martian What do you have? The OP is not the only person looking. I too would like to buy a FUZE Spesific case, I have been modifying Ipod covers for a month and a half and its getting old.

Let me see if I can find the specific one…I’ll post back shortly:wink:

@conversionbox wrote:

http://www.bargaincell.com/product\_44457\_3413.html

That’s the one!:wink:

And for a screen protector, type Sansa Fuze screen protector on the Amazon search engine and you can find one. I think actually that you may find a combo package there with a skin and screen protector if you search that way.

Please post some pictures if you have a case.  Others of us really want to see!

@jonsegue wrote:

Dude hit the link!

@jonsegue wrote:

I don’t have any pics of the Fuze in the case…it looks better without it. I did just try to take one, but the lighting is ■■■■ at 3:33AM, so maybe tomorrow I can try to take one.

@conversionbox wrote:

@jonsegue wrote:

Dude hit the link!

Why didn’t I think of that? I must be tired:wink:

I got this for Christmas:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B001DC9Z2S

Sorry, OP, it is leather, but does give reasonable protection. The front & back are larger than the player and quite stiff. The catch is secure, and it has cut-outs for all controls, connectors, uSD, mic etc.

The bottom corners are not quite so well protected, especially on the phone jack side.

Overall, I like it. Good for stopping stuff in my pocket scratching it. Sufficient protection for that ‘butter-fingers’ moment. Doesn’t make the player look like something from the Fisher-Price catalogue…

Message Edited by daytona955 on 01-06-2009 12:41 AM

@marvin_martian wrote:

@conversionbox wrote:

@jonsegue wrote:

Dude hit the link!

Why didn’t I think of that? I must be tired:wink:

Im the smartest person you ever meet between midnight and 5 am… My intelegence is like a vampie… It only comes out at night… Its 345 here and I am only hitting my stride.

Message Edited by Conversionbox on 01-06-2009 03:47 AM

@daytona955 wrote:

I got this for Christmas:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B001DC9Z2S

Sorry, OP, it is leather, but does give reasonable protection. The front & back are larger than the player and quite stiff. The catch is secure, and it has cut-outs for all controls, connectors, uSD, mic etc.

The bottom corners are not quite so well protected, especially on the phone jack side.

Overall, I like it. Good for stopping stuff in my pocket scratching it. Sufficient protection for that ‘butter-fingers’ moment. Doesn’t make the player look like something from the Fisher-Price catalogue…

Message Edited by daytona955 on 01-06-2009 12:41 AM

That does look _ much _ more stylish than what I have …whoever got you that showed good taste. If I had been a little more patient, I would have at least gotten what I got in a different color than I did.:smiley:

@marvin_martian wrote:

That does look _ much _ more stylish than what I have …whoever got you that showed good taste.

Mrs Daytona955 gave it to me :slight_smile:

You wouldnt know off hand what that runs in US dollars would you? I dont have my converter handy… I could look one up but if you know that would be easier… Thanks!

@marvin_martian wrote:

@conversionbox wrote:

http://www.bargaincell.com/product\_44457\_3413.html

That’s the one!:wink:

And for a screen protector, type Sansa Fuze screen protector on the Amazon search engine and you can find one. I think actually that you may find a combo package there with a skin and screen protector if you search that way.

I have a couple variants of the same case.  Mine also came from bargaincell, but I ordered them through Amazon’s merchant program.  Within Amazon at least, you can get different colored skins.  One of mine is black the other is “smoke” colored.  The skins do an excellent job of protecting the fuze, but still allowing full access for all of the ports and controls.  As luck would have it, I didn’t need any screen protectors as my old DMP had exactly the same screen size as the fuze and I had several spares lying around.

@conversionbox wrote:
You wouldnt know off hand what that runs in US dollars would you? I dont have my converter handy… I could look one up but if you know that would be easier… Thanks!

BBCsays ~1.47$/£

Thank You!

@fuze_owner_gb wrote:

I have a couple variants of the same case.  Mine also came from bargaincell, but I ordered them through Amazon’s merchant program.  Within Amazon at least, you can get different colored skins.  One of mine is black the other is “smoke” colored.  The skins do an excellent job of protecting the fuze, but still allowing full access for all of the ports and controls.  As luck would have it, I didn’t need any screen protectors as my old DMP had exactly the same screen size as the fuze and I had several spares lying around.

I saw those after the fact, with the different colors, but you know what they say about hindsight. I did take an X-acto type blade to ever-so-slightly enlarge the opening around the power switch though, but that and the stupid color are my only complaints.

@marvin_martian wrote:

@fuze_owner_gb wrote:

I saw those after the fact, with the different colors, but you know what they say about hindsight. I did take an X-acto type blade to ever-so-slightly enlarge the opening around the power switch though, but that and the stupid color are my only complaints.

I love the skin concept, especially the “grippy” feel.  My fuzes always feel secure in my hand and I know they are protected.  I don’t want to knock anybody’s choice of case, because I know it’s a very personal decision…but I know those leather type cases aren’t for me.  I had one with a previous player and I really wasn’t too thrilled with it.  But that’s me.  I’m sure somebody out there would love them.  I’m extremely happy with my skin case.

Yeah, with the skin on, the on-off switch is a bit tight.  Small complaint though for an overall excellent case.

@fuze_owner_gb wrote:

I love the skin concept, especially the “grippy” feel.  My fuzes always feel secure in my hand and I know they are protected.  I don’t want to knock anybody’s choice of case, because I know it’s a very personal decision…but I know those leather type cases aren’t for me.  I had one with a previous player and I really wasn’t too thrilled with it.  But that’s me.  I’m sure somebody out there would love them.  I’m extremely happy with my skin case.

Yeah, with the skin on, the on-off switch is a bit tight.  Small complaint though for an overall excellent case.

My e260 has a cheapo skin, my late Zen V+ had a Creative branded skin. They are/were OK, except the Creative one started to split, and neither look great. I wasn’t sure I’d like the i-nique leather case, but having used it for a week or two, I’m really pleased with it. A durability rating will have to wait… 

Trouble with cases is, you take a player that has (mostly) been carefully designed to be useable, and to look & feel nice when you’ve got it in your hand, and then you stick it in some horrible lump of plastic/rubber/leather. And the pleasure of picking it up and using it, or just stroking it ;), somehow disappears…