Question related to sansa fuze Transparent Clear Crystal Snap On Hard Case.

Hey can anyone who has this case tell me whether it is good?Can you easily press the buttons on the fuze while the case is on?Does it protect the screen?

Heres the link to the case.Check it out and please let me know.

http://www.amazon.com/Transparent-Clear-Crystal-SanDisk-Sansa/dp/B001ECP666/ref=pd_sim_misc?ie=UTF8&qid=1235807810&sr=8-16

Message Edited by SR-rox on 02-28-2009 01:36 AM

Everybody has their own preferences.  I’ve heard of people swearing by the hard “shell” cases; but they have always been a concern to me, because of their “hard” design.  If you drop such a case, it’s not offering much shock protection to the fuze.

I opted for the silicon case design, which acts much like the “safer wall barriers” on NASCAR race tracks.  The cases are flexible and give if the fuze is dropped, giving it (in theory anyway) more protection.

Both the Hard and Silicon cases can be purchased for about the same price through Amazon, but I prefer dealing with Bargain Cell direct.  I also put on a screen protector with my silicone case that I got locally for pennies…

Bargain Cell website

If you still want to with your original idea, that would probably be fine too.  Like I said, I know many people that are happy with them.  Maybe they will respond in this thread.

I went for the hard case myself. It is a personal thing. My thinking was better overall protection plus the silicone stuff out there is good if you are carrying it in a large pocket and can help the device stay put. But if you like to keep it in a nice snug place these silicone ones make it harder to get them in and out of tight spots…All the buttons are accessable with my hard case, even with the added thickness it still fits into most all of my jeans’ coin pockets! In fact I think the added size makes it much more secure in my clumsy hands!

(My wifes iPod gen 3 nano is too small!)

One issue is that you might want to grow a finger nail or two to get better access to the micro card and the hold/power switch. Access to the power slider is a tight fit, you might consider legnthening the opening a bit before snapping your Fuze in.

You know the little nub that sticks out of the switch that your finger sort of grabs onto, and puts pressure on? Well I managed to wear it off…plastic I guess. True, I was obsessing with the device for a while…

Now I never put it in lock as the fit is too tight to get it out of lock easily…but the good news is that the added thickness of the plastic makes it very unlikely to mistakenly press any part of the scroll wheel!

I think adding a little extra room for access to this slider swich might give a little better access and the increased angle might lessen the pressure you might need to move it and damage it as I did.

Anyone else wear out that nub yet?

Message Edited by bobletteross on 02-28-2009 05:56 AM

@fuze_owner_gb wrote:

Everybody has their own preferences.  I’ve heard of people swearing by the hard “shell” cases; but they have always been a concern to me, because of their “hard” design.  If you drop such a case, it’s not offering much shock protection to the fuze.

I opted for the silicon case design, which acts much like the “safer wall barriers” on NASCAR race tracks.  The cases are flexible and give if the fuze is dropped, giving it (in theory anyway) more protection.

Both the Hard and Silicon cases can be purchased for about the same price through Amazon, but I prefer dealing with Bargain Cell direct.  I also put on a screen protector with my silicone case that I got locally for pennies…

Bargain Cell website

If you still want to with your original idea, that would probably be fine too.  Like I said, I know many people that are happy with them.  Maybe they will respond in this thread.

I had those same thoughts about shock protection, and I did the same thing…silicone, and screen protector.If the Fuze leaves my bedroom, the silicone skin goes on it.

bobletteross said:

I went for the hard case myself. It is a personal thing. My thinking was better overall protection plus the silicone stuff out there is good if you are carrying it in a large pocket and can help the device stay put. But if you like to keep it in a nice snug place these silicone ones make it harder to get them in and out of tight spots…All the buttons are accessable with my hard case, even with the added thickness it still fits into most all of my jeans’ coin pockets! In fact I think the added size makes it much more secure in my clumsy hands!

(My wifes iPod gen 3 nano is too small!)

One issue is that you might want to grow a finger nail or two to get better access to the micro card and the hold/power switch. Access to the power slider is a tight fit, you might consider legnthening the opening a bit before snapping your Fuze in.

You know the little nub that sticks out of the switch that your finger sort of grabs onto, and puts pressure on? Well I managed to wear it off…plastic I guess. True, I was obsessing with the device for a while…

Now I never put it in lock as the fit is too tight to get it out of lock easily…but the good news is that the added thickness of the plastic makes it very unlikely to mistakenly press any part of the scroll wheel!

I think adding a little extra room for access to this slider swich might give a little better access and the increased angle might lessen the pressure you might need to move it and damage it as I did.

Anyone else wear out that nub yet?

Hey,

When the hardcase is on is the hold switch really hard to reach with your finger?Is your hardcase the same as in the link or is it something similar?

That is another benefit of the silicone skin…you can take an x-acto knife and make the openings bigger if you want to.