screen protectors

Ok, so I just gifted myself a swank new Fuze. Was wondering if I need to buy any expensive accessories to protect it? You know like a leather pouch or plastic screen shield.

The Fuse is a great player, however its front plastic is prone to scratches no matter how careful you are with it. I’d recommend a plastic screen, and the best would be invisible skin. See link for details on how to get 50% off with the code at zagg.com

http://forums.sandisk.com/sansa/board/message?board.id=sansafuse&thread.id=13161&page=4

@typethree wrote:
Ok, so I just gifted myself a swank new Fuze. Was wondering if I need to buy any expensive accessories to protect it? You know like a leather pouch or plastic screen shield.

Expensive no… buy things if you see fit. Ill give you a few links.

http://www.amazon.com/Silicone-Sandisk-Removable-Beltclip-Protector/dp/B001950RQ2/ref=pd_bbs_sr_3?ie=UTF8&s=apparel&qid=1231479080&sr=8-3

Those are Silicone Skins.

http://www.zagg.com/invisibleshield/sandisk-sansa-fuse-cases-screen-protectors-covers-skins-shields.php

Invisisheild Clear Screen Covers

http://www.berryreview.com/2009/01/08/zagg-invisibleshield-coupon-50-off-everything-until-january-19th/

50% off coupon for the above sheild until Jan 19

I use 2 inch wide transparent pakaging tape on my digicam screen and on Fuze. Works great and costs nothing. The remaining adhesive can be removed with alcohol.

Invisible Shield by Zagg. 

https://www.zagg.com/

Go to Media Players…

Two versions for Fuze.  Full face and screen only.  You will only need the screen-only style.  About $10.  The body itself is very durable. 

WELL WORTH IT and super-durable.

In addition, it’s still nice to have some sort of case to strore the thing in.  Some use armbands.  I use a micro digital camera case that I leave on my  belt.  Holds the Fuze, earbuds, SD cards and even a spare accessory power pack.

Message Edited by blackdog-sansa on 01-09-2009 08:38 AM

Here’s the deal: you don’t have to buy any protection for your mp3, but you’re better off doing so. You probably spent a small fortune on it, so spend a tiny bit more to prevent it from getting scratched or spoilt. Try navprotector.com, they have some good protectors that are not expensive either.

I went to staples, picked up a regular screen protector for 50 cents. I just cut it to fit.(it came in a 3 pack)

Just browse around a little, no point in ordering something on-line, it just costs more anyways.

The IS screen cover has a lifetime warranty. If it gets ruined, or wont work they will send me another one.

@typethree wrote:

It mainly depends if common wear and tear and the occasional scratch is bothersome to you.  Let’s face it, scratches and a “rough” appearance won’t affect the functionality of the fuze; it just won’t look as pretty.  For some appearance is ultra-important, and to others, it doesn’t matter at all.  I fall somewhere in between the 2 extremes.  I’m a bargain hunter at heart so when I started getting accessories for my fuze, I shopped around a lot before my final purchase.

Screen protectors are a dime a dozen anymore, and I opted to get a “generic” size that my local grocery store carries for $1.00 a 3/pack.  I had to trim the protector a bit for a perfect fit, but I figured it was worth that tiny bit of effort in saving $9.00.  I also shopped around for my other accessories.  The vender I finally did business with was a merchant with Amazon; but they also sold things on e-bay as well.  I finally ended up getting my silicon case, extra data cable, cigarette and A/C chargers all through that vender on an e-bay auction for a total of $6.00.  

While I’m not a fanatic about accessories, I got everything I need for my fuze for a grand total of $7.00.  Just like with everything, there are plenty of bargains out there if you care to shop around a bit.

@typethree wrote:

Now, I recommend Transparent Clear Crystal Snap On Hard Case for SanDisk Sansa Fuze which is what I bought and use, I dont want any part exposed that doesnt need to be, and the wheel, power slide and home button dont poke out with this one.  I really love it, cleans easy and feels safe.    Dont get it if you need a belt clip though.

@ebouc wrote:

Now, I recommend Transparent Clear Crystal Snap On Hard Case for SanDisk Sansa Fuze which is what I bought and use, I dont want any part exposed that doesnt need to be, and the wheel, power slide and home button dont poke out with this one.  I really love it, cleans easy and feels safe.    Dont get it if you need a belt clip though.

While this is definitely qualifies for ‘best bang for the buck’ as far as hard cases are concerned; I have one on one of my e260’s and there are certainly drawbacks.

One is that the casing is so thick it is very hard to insert a uSD card far enough to get it to click and lock in place. And forget about getting it out without some very creative tools! It will not release with enough of the card protruding even flush with the case, let alone beyond the case so that you can grab it.

This same predicament is even more critical as it pertains to the Fuze’s power switch. There are those who have to use a ‘tool’ to turn it on as it is with no case at all because they either don’t have long enough fingernails to grip the miniscule ridge on the slider switch, or this ridge has worn down from repeated use. Now surround that with the hard plastic ‘shell’ and it would almost take a neurosurgeon with specialized instruments to just turn it on & off. You can see how recessed the switch and card slot are in the pictures.

The card slot may not be an issue for everybody and even if they use one, it generally stays in for a while before you want/need to remove it. But turning it on & off? That’s an every day (or more) occurrence.

@ebouc wrote:

While this is definitely qualifies as ‘best bang for the buck’ as far as hard cases are concerned; I have one on one of my e260’s and there are certainly drawbacks.

One is that the casing is so thick it is very hard to insert a uSD card far enough to get it to click and lock in place. And forget about getting it out without some very creative tools! It will not release with enough of the card protruding even flush with the case, let alone beyond the case so that you can grab it.

This same predicament is even more critical as it pertains to the Fuze’s power switch. There are those who have to use a ‘tool’ to turn it on as it is with no case at all because they either don’t have long enough fingernails to grip the miniscule ridge on the slider switch, or this ridge has worn down from repeated use. Now surround that with the hard plastic ‘shell’ and it would almost take a neurosurgeon with specialized instruments to just turn it on & off. You can see how recessed the switch and card slot are in the pictures.

The card slot may not be an issue for everybody and even if they use one, it generally stays in for a while before you want/need to remove it. But turning it on & off? That’s an every day (or more) occurrence.