White screen

Player: Fuze 2GB Black

Firmware: 01.02.26

Every time I turn my Fuze on, it shows a blank white screen. I’ve tried resetting it over and over to no avail. I’ve also tried reinstalling the firmware. Can someone help me?

Did you format the device in Forced MSC mode? Reload the firmware afterwards.

How do I force MSC mode?

To force MSC you device do the following;

Sansa Fuze

1. Turn device OFF.
  2. Slide the Hold switch down to Lock (orange color showing).
  3. Press and hold the left button ( |<< ) while connecting the device to the PC.

If the device is detected by computer you can try to format the player once again. Hope this works. :wink:

It’s not letting me format it.

Is there any way to force MTP mode? I wanna try to get all my music off of it.

Is it detected by the computer after forcing it to MSC? What was the error message when you tried to format?

You can still copy your music while on forced MSC mode. Simply enable hidden files and folders under Tools > Folder Option > View tab. Tools can be found on the upper right corner of your window (File Edit View Favorites Tools Help). 

This may sound stupid, but are you sure that you are not accedently formatting the memory card instead of the Fuze?  As sad as that sounds, I actually did that several times, complaining to myself that there is still stuff on the player.  Also, I always backup the data on the Fuze, but I have yet to backup my memory card.