Where on earth are these headphones?

I bought a Sansa Clip+ 4 GB MP3 Player last year and the earphones that came with it were excellent. But recently they hit the end of their life span, so I’ve been looking online for a replacement pair. I can’t find these things anywhere!

The only place I found a picture of them was in this forum. They are the ones near the bottom of the page that the user Earwax posted.

Anyone know where I can find these; in store or online? Or, maybe someone who’s had these earphones can recommend an even better pair? My bare minimum here is that they are up to that standard of quality and they are black, like mine were.

If you think those earphones sound great, you will be totally blown away by the Sennheiser MX580($28). The Sansa earphones are okay, but imo nothing special. I am comparing them to my other earbuds. I think the $8 Sony MDR-E828 sounds a bit better than those Sansa earphones. If you want an in the ear canal earphone(IEM), the $8 JVC Riptidz sounds quite good for the price. This isolates outside noise, so it should only be used when isolation is safe.

The Sennheiser MX580 is orders of magnitude above these other earphones I mentioned. There are of course earphone much better than the MX580, however those are much more expensive.The most I ever spent for an earphone was around $60. That $60 earphone is only slightly better than the MX580.

I think my issue is I’ve only had about two or three experiences as far as earphones go.

I’ll take your word for it if you say those are good choices. I’ve been digging through Amazon for earphones and while I’ve got eight or so in my ‘maybe/not sure’ list, I’ll add those to the ‘more likely’ list.

If anyone else is earphone savy, post away. It would help me and my lack of experience :]

You didn’t mention your budget. if you are willing to spend $28, the MX580 is great. It has amazing detail. When I listen with it, I can hear things in the music that I don’t hear with most of my other earphones. it has great bass that sounds very natural and is not too strong. In contrast, the $8 Sony MDR-E828 sounds like it has a bit  too much bass. It doesn’t have the detail and openness of the MX580.  

There are many in the ear canal earphones that are quite good in the $20-$30 range. I don’t know if you are willing to spend that much(or perhaps even more?). The in the ear canal earphones(IEMs) isolate you from nearby noise, which is very good in some circumstances, but can be dangerous in others. Some isolate much better than others. An isolating earphone can let you hear the music in a noisy place without turning up the volume too high.

The Klipsch Image S4 in-ear phones have gotten good reviews (Cnet loves 'em) and open box or refurbs can be found for $40-45 shipped–at that price, a nice deal.  http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B001V9LPT4/ref=sr_1_1_olp?ie=UTF8&qid=1330746806&sr=8-1  (I dislike the thinner cable, but they do come with a 2-year warranty; also, the tin carrying case included for the phones is just silly as a dent-catcher, but easily can replaced–check out the Pisen camera cases at meritline.com or dinodirect.com (which also sells virtually identical Sony-marked camera cases at even lower prices), which are great as thin, flexible, shirt pocket-sized earphone cases (I have a few of them) at less than $5 shipped (and sold elsewhere for 2-3 times that!).)

The Klipsch Image S4 in-ear phones have gotten good reviews (Cnet loves 'em) and open box or refurbs can be found for $40-45 shipped–at that price, a nice deal.  http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B001V9LPT4/​ref=sr_1_1_olp?ie=UTF8&qid=1330746806&sr=8-1 

(I dislike the thinner cable, but they do come with a 2-year warranty and Klipsch is a good brand; also, the tin carrying case included with the phones is just silly as a dent-catcher, but easily can be replaced–check out the Pisen-brand thin camera cases at meritline.com or dinodirect.com (which also sells identical Sony-marked camera cases at similar low prices), which are great as thin, flexible, shirt pocket-sized earphone cases (I have a few of them–perfect for in-ear phones plus a cable and accessory or 2) at less than $5 shipped (and sold elsewhere for 2-3 times that!).)

An excellent LOW PRICE set of earbuds which offer far better sound quality than the stock phones Sandisk phones is MEelectronics 9 series.  They are often available on N***gg for ~10 USD on special.  Yes, you can spend lots more if you want “audiophile” grade sound, but for the price, these are a steal.  Yes, I do have a pair of medium high end Sennheisers for serious listening, but for knock around use with your Clip, these will surprise you.

The M9 and S4 are said to be too bassy by many, and lacking in midrange detail.  The Meelectronics CW31 or CX21 are much better. Yes, they are more expensive than the M9, but still under $30.