Clip Headphones - do Sansa sell them?

Hi - my Clip headphones have just packed in after a couple of weeks (is this common??)

The thing is I really liked the sound and also like that format - not the tiny in ear bud but the ipod style earpiece (don’t know what they are called).

Do Sansa sell replacement stock earphones? If not what is that format called and what ones are recommended? Or should I claim a replacement on the grounds they are faulty?

Thanks all

I think I’ve worked out that the ones like the CX300 are called ‘ear canal’.  What are the others - ‘ear bud’?

@dgravy wrote:

Hi - my Clip headphones have just packed in after a couple of weeks (is this common??)

The thing is I really liked the sound and also like that format - not the tiny in ear bud but the ipod style earpiece (don’t know what they are called).

Do Sansa sell replacement stock earphones? If not what is that format called and what ones are recommended? Or should I claim a replacement on the grounds they are faulty?

Thanks all

Well, you could ask for replacement under warranty, although I don’t know why you’d want to. They’re pretty cheesy earphones. (And that’s probably one reason SanDisk doesn’t sell them as an accessory)

The only reason they are included at all with the players is for that ‘instant gratification’ factor when you open the box. You just gotta start playing with it! And it just wouldn’t do to sell a music player without a way to listen to it.

And it’s not just SanDisk that puts the cheapest thing they can in with their players; everyone does it. And this is done knowing that most people are going to upgrade to a better ear/headphone set anyway.

If you really like them, and want a replacement set, I’d suggest calling 1-866-Sandisk (in the US). They’ll probably send you another pair if you explain they only lasted a couple of weeks.