where are my files? problem copying files with Ubuntu

Hi

I just bought a Sansa clip mp3 player; I’m using ubuntu as a operating system and it didn’t have any problem copying my files

from my computer to the Music folder. However, when I try to play them, it seems my mp3  player is empty and I cannot find them on the mp3 player…

any suggestions?

thank you 

Make sure your Clip is set to MSC mode. What is the format of the files you put on, .mp3 or something else? The Clip will only recognize and play ,mp3 and .wma format files.

Make sure your Clip is set to MSC mode. What is the format of the files you put on, .mp3 or something else? The Clip will only recognize and play .mp3 and .wma format files.

My player in on MSC mode.

I’m copying mp3 files on the MUSIC folder, but I cannot find them on my player…

Are they hiding under an “Unknown” heading by any chance? If so, that means the Sansa can’t read the ID3 tags identifying the track. You’ll have to edit your ID3 tags in order for the songs to be recognized and correct Artist, Album, Title, etc. displayed when the song is playing (and of course for you to find them in the player’s menus).

thank you for the help

the problem is that they are NOT hiding under “Unknow” , but I cannot see them at all. 

I tried to edit the file

.is_audio_player

audio_folders=MUSIC/
folder_depth=99
output_formats=audio/x-ms-wma,audio/mpeg,audio/aac,audio/mp4

on the root of my Clip, but it does not work.

It seems that at the moment I have an external disk instead of an mp3 player…

Right click your music (in ubuntu) and tell me what it says on the audio tag. If has a bunch of unknown info (album,artist, year,) Fill it in with a program like Audio tag tool (look for it in add or remove). Have you added any music in mtp mode? if you have try
<code>

sudo apt-get install mtpfs

</code>

in a terminal. If you don’t have extra repositories enabled this wont work.

after you install that switch your player to mtp mode and plug it in. It should appear on you desktop as a  I-pod. If it works. Try adding some music to it, eject it and unplug it. Now see if the music plays. Didn’t work? Then put it in autodetect mode and plug it in and try to add some music. If THAT doesn’t work then put it in MSC mode again and try it. If none of that works. Backup your music. Format your player (You can do this in the on the player.) Plug it in msc mode and add some FRESH music that you know is tagged properly and works.

FYI: Stick to one mode (msc,mtp,auto detect) I’d use msc if i were you. Oh and one last thing. Does your music have DRM in it?