What's latest firmware? And how to switch to MSC to update?

Hey, moderator/experts!  What’s the newest firmware version for the Clip?  (Can’t find it listed on the Sansa site anywhere and I just bought a Clip to replace my husband’s lost c250 and want to make sure it’s up to date.)

Also, how to do switch to MSC to get it updated?  I tried the method used on the c250 v2 (or .05 firmware) but either it didn’t work, or his firmware is up to date, because the Updater wouldn’t trigger.  But I don’t know which for sure…

Thanks, guys.

Xarophti

ok, I got it into MSC mode (slightly different than the c250 v2 method) but the Updater still won’t trigger and I’m pretty sure we DON’T have the latest firmware on this puppy.

Any suggestions?  I already tried reloading the updater…

Xar

Ignore everything on this thread, guys.  Moderators, feel free to delete.  I re-downloaded the Updater AGAIN and that seems to have solved the problem.  The new Clip is now fully updated.  (the new USB option in the Settings menu was worth the trouble!  Take it from a c250 version 1 owner…)

Xar

xarophti wrote:

Ignore everything on this thread, guys.  Moderators, feel free to delete.  I re-downloaded the Updater AGAIN and that seems to have solved the problem.  The new Clip is now fully updated.  (the new USB option in the Settings menu was worth the trouble!  Take it from a c250 version 1 owner…)

Xar

Just curious; what do you use the new USB option for?

Message Edited by PromisedPlanet on 11-24-2007 09:57 AM

Promised:

Don’t know if you’d look at this post after this long (personal issues kept this at the bottom of my list), but with the c250 I owned, I found that the Updater would not work automatically unless the device was in MSC mode when plugged into the computer.  However, I’ve discovered this doesn’t seem to be a problem with (my husband’s) new Clip.  (situation also seems to have improved with my c250 - perhaps they’ve updated the Updater??)

xar