Weird problem with my sansa clip.

I loaded my Sensa Clip with music last night and everything was fine. I was listening to my music today and all of sudden, it stopped working. It says that there’s too much music on it (but it loaded it on its own lol…) and I need to remove 30mb of music. The thing is, I can’t reset the player, I can’t format it, I can’t access anything in the menu it just stays on with the message that there’s too much stuff on it, I can’t do anything with it. When I try to connect it into my computer, the computer doesn’t sync with the Sensa Clip anymore (but the Sensa Clip is actually charging its battery though), so I can’t delete my music. I also tried to plug it into another computer but it didn’t work… I can’t even access the player as if it is an external drive too (I could have deleted the extra music like this, but I can’t) Is there anything I can do?

The fault is referring to some corrupt files.

Slide the power switch to the ON position, and hold it there for 15 seconds.  This will reset the device.

Without turning it on, slide the power switch down to the HOLD position (orange showing).

Open a Windows Explorer window on the computer via My Computer, or press [Windows Key] + E.

While holding the center button pressed, plug in the Clip, and it will show up in MSC mode.

Make a note of the drive letter assigned to the Clip.  Let’s assume it’s drive E for this example.

Press [Windows Key] + R, and enter cmd in the Run box.  You’ll get a command prompt.  Then enter chkdsk E: /f where E: is our drive letter for the Sansa.  This letter may vary depending upon your findings.  Press [enter].

Windows will check the disk for errors, and will try to fix the files.  If it asks to save the results, select no. [Enter the word “no” if prompted.

Unplug your Sansa, and it should now operate normally.

Bob  :smileyvery-happy:

thanks for your help but unfortunately, it didn’t work…

first of all, it looks like the player won’t reset at all. Also,when I try to run the chkdsk, it says that “temporisation” (in french, I don’t know what it would say in english) has expired and well it does nothing else than telling me that the devices is formatted in FAT 32. Another small problem I have is that the clip starts an autorun on my computer and it bugs…

Is there anything else I can do besides returning it? I already returned 3 sansa fuze, 1 samsung Q8 and now it’ll be the clip lol…

@abt803 wrote:

thanks for your help but unfortunately, it didn’t work…

first of all, it looks like the player won’t reset at all. Also,when I try to run the chkdsk, it says that “temporisation” (in french, I don’t know what it would say in english) has expired and well it does nothing else than telling me that the devices is formatted in FAT 32. Another small problem I have is that the clip starts an autorun on my computer and it bugs…

Is there anything else I can do besides returning it? I already returned 3 sansa fuze, 1 samsung Q8 and now it’ll be the clip lol…

Best I can figure the English translation would be along the lines of “the device is not responding”.  It could be an indication the that flash memory is defective.  If by “autorun” you mean that the box comes up and asks you what action you want to perform on it, that is normal.  Mine does it in either MTP or MSC.

Your only option might be to call tech support.:cry:

no it’s a “blank” autorun window that opens… Nothing happens and it ends up freezing.