Sansa 8 GB Clip Problems

Ok this thing has had one problem after another.

First the clip stopped playing all the song entirely. It reads all of the songs but it won’t play them so I plug the ■■■■■■ into my computer. After updating the firmware on it, now it says that that there’s 2 gigs of things on the clip but I can’t find it anywhere on there. I formated it, I tried the hold the power for 20 seconds. Nothing. It still has a ton of information on there that I can’t access and very little free room on it. What is going on?

You tried formatting the player via the player’s menu?

Sounds like some of the song files are corrupted. You should run ChkDsk with the ‘fix’ command to repair the files to the point where they will delete. Then you can properly format the player and clear its memory.

And I would be awful leery and really check those files out before putting them back on your player. It’s very possible these are what’s causing the problem in the 1st place. Where did you get them? Hopefully not from some sleaze-ball file-sharing stealing site like limewire or piratebay.

You tried formatting the player via the player’s menu?

Yes.

Sounds like some of the song files are corrupted. You should run ChkDsk with the ‘fix’ command to repair the files to the point where they will delete. Then you can properly format the player and clear its memory.

And I would be awful leery and really check those files out before putting them back on your player. It’s very possible these are what’s causing the problem in the 1st place. Where did you get them? Hopefully not from some sleaze-ball file-sharing stealing site like limewire or piratebay.

No they’re from a very reputible Podcast, Big O and Dukes. I never had an issue with them before. So how do I do the ChkDsk?

Chkdsk is via Windows.  Connect the Clip to your computer, right click on the Clip drive, choose Properties, and under one of the tabs (likely, Tools), there should be an error checking option–that’s what you want to run.  And if there’s an error correction box to check there, check it off.

Cool, it’s fixed.

Great to hear!