Something Weird Happened to My Clip

Ok I deleted all the music on my mp3 so I could change the tracks. I had around 540 songs its 2 Gb. I made a whole new list of songs that I wanted to add around 530 or so. It Sync about half that list then it stopped on one suddenly and froze. I held the power to power it down then I unplugged it and replugged it to the computer. When I did my computer said I only had 400 MB of space left on the device even though there was absolutely nothing on the device(Im suppose to have 2 GB of room) so now I can only fit around 130 songs on the device when its suppose to hold 4x that. So basically it took away a huge chunk of space on the device for no reason. So now im stuck with less then 1 Gb of space its been like this for days. Help Please.

Try formatting the Clip using its Settings/Format function.  (Note:  this will erase any player contents.)  Hopefully that will fix matters.  Also, I’d check out the song that caused the glitch, so as to try to avoid it in the future.

Instead of reformatting your filesystem, you could also try a less aggressive method: repairing it.
BTW: backup of the complete fs or of the whole partition is recommended.

kukrapok wrote:
Instead of reformatting your filesystem, you could also try a less aggressive method: repairing it.
BTW: backup of the complete fs or of the whole partition is recommended.

The last post suggested using the Clip’s format command, which isn’t a true reformatting of the file system.