lost all my music

All of a sudden (after several years!)  my internal memory is void of all my music. In addition, it won’t let me add any music because it reads "108MB of 3.65GB (available) space. What the @#%! happened? 

1 Like

_ I tried re-formatting - didn’t work. _

Formatting WILL erase & clear the memory, so if you did that (correctly) your music is deifintely gone now.

When you say your “internal memory is void of all my music” do you mean when looking on the player, or in Windows Explorer while connected to your computer?

_ Yes _

No way to get it back?

Does your music show up in the player’s memory? if so, should normally be able to go into the player settings, and switch USB modes. However, you said you formatted the device, meaning your music is gone. If you haven’t been keeping a backup copy of your music, you’re out of luck, I’m afraid.

No, it doesn’t show up in its memory but that’s not the poblem as I have all my music on my laptop. The problem is that it won’t let me download anything because it says there is only  "108MB of 3.65GB (available) space even though there are no files on it.

If possible, I would try reformatting (again) via the Clip’s Settings. If that won’t work, then via Windows.

@tapeworm wrote:

When you say your “internal memory is void of all my music” do you mean when looking on the player, _ OR _ in Windows Explorer while connected to your computer?

@gr8fl wrote:

_ Yes _

:confounded:

Which is it?

My Sansa Clip did the exact same thing. All files gone in the folders and the player, yet the memory was still taken. I simply formatted it, and I got all the used memory back though, very frustrated with the error but luckily I have most of my music backed up. My only worry is that it will happen again, it has a virus of some kind, or there is a serious problem with the software on the Sansa Clip+.

Most likely, not a virus issue, but rather a Clip occurrence.