Version sandisk security

i bought sandisk extreme e61 portable hard drive. But I forgot the password on the Sandisk security app, so now I can’t log in on another device. How can I do a factory reset, I don’t need to save any data on the SSD, just be able to restore and login on other computers.
Help me

Hi @leekoi,

Please be informed that if you forget the password then SanDisk does not have any method to bypass the password security feature on Secure Access software.

SanDisk has not built in any back door or password reset methods.

If the password feature is enabled and you forget the password there is no back door entry to unlock the drive. You can format the drive, which will perform a secure erase (drive wipe) and data recovery will NOT be possible. Moreover, if you want to use Secure Access again then you need to first format your flash drive after taking back up of all your data which is in your flash drive.

Please refer to below link to download Secure Access software:
Link: SanDisk SecureAccess 3.02 Support Information and Download

Thanks for your answer. Do you have a video or image to guide the operation? i tried to do it but it didn’t work, or i did it wrong at some step. I’m not tech savvy so this stuff is quite difficult for me.
thank you !

Hello,

I appreciate that you have performed the troubleshooting steps.

Please refer below link to contact SD Technical Support for troubleshooting:
https://kb.sandisk.com/app/ask/

Thanks for your help. I have emailed support, hope they will reply soon.
here is my screenshot. I can’t do anything without entering the password. If you have encountered such a situation, please help me.

I have the exact same problem. I contacted the support and unfortunately they sent me instructions on how to format a drive that is not password protected. Please send instructions as how to format password protected drives for mac and windows as I’m sure there are more people with the same issue.

I sent an email to support, and it seems there is no way to reuse it if you set the password using Sandisk Security software.

super, so in that case it’s a brick?

You need to use the ‘SanDisk Security’ software not ‘Secure Access’. Go to the page in this link and you can download software for Windows or Mac. Make sure you click one of the links after is says ‘From here:’ with the word download in the link.

https://kb.sandisk.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/23374/

Once installed and opened its very simple to use. Just enter your current password and set a new blank password before clicking on ‘Set Password’

Hope this helps

If you’ve forgotten the password for the SanDisk SecureAccess app on your SanDisk Extreme E61 portable hard drive and want to do a factory reset, here’s what you can do:

1. Remove SecureAccess: Connect the SanDisk SSD to your computer and manually delete the SecureAccess software and its associated files from the drive. This should remove the password protection from the drive.
  2. Format the Drive: After removing SecureAccess, you can format the entire SSD to remove any lingering security settings. Make sure you’ve backed up any data you want to keep, as formatting will erase all data on the drive.

Regarding EaseUS, if you’re referring to EaseUS Data Recovery software, it’s not directly related to resetting the password on your SanDisk SSD. It’s a tool used for data recovery, and it won’t help in resetting the password for the SecureAccess app. Stick to the steps mentioned above for addressing the password issue.

Remember that while these steps should remove the password protection, they will also result in the loss of any data on the drive. If you need additional assistance or want to be cautious, consider reaching out to SanDisk’s customer support for guidance specific to your model of SSD.