Sandisk Extreme Portable SSD 1GB - Auto-Access Enabled, Forgot Saved Password

SanDisk AutoUnlocker password is saved, but I don’t remember the password. I’ve been using it for the past 6 months with the password saved and now I need to move it to another computer. I can easily backup the data but I see no option to reset to factory settings. Happy to format… not trying to recover data, just to make the drive usable again. Help?

Hi @berniecmdd,

• Have you opened a Support Case? If not opened, for more information, please contact the SD Technical Support team for best assistance and troubleshooting:
    Support | Western Digital
1 Like

Suppose you have forgotten the saved password and auto-access is enabled on your Sandisk Extreme Portable SSD 1GB. In that case, you must contact SanDisk support for assistance in recovering the password or disabling the auto-access feature.
If you’re facing data loss, have you considered using a data recovery tool like EaseUS? It’s a practical and user-friendly solution that can help retrieve any lost files. It’s definitely worth giving it a shot if you haven’t tried it already. You can find more information about it at SanDisk Extreme SSD Failure: Tips to Prevent from Further Damage.