USB transfer corrupt while charging Clip+

Hi there,

Yesterday, i was charging my Clip+ with the USB cable plugged into the USB port of my PC. Suddenly, the electricity comes down and the PC turns off.

Now, i’m trying to connect the Clip+ to the PC, but it doesn´t recognize it. The screen of the Clip+ starts to flash, and the battery indicator starts to show like it’s charging, but no “Connected” image shows on the Clip+. I tried different cables, different USB ports, and different PC’s. The odd thing, is that i´m ABLE to play songs in the Clip+, and use all the other functions normally.

Sorry about my poor english.

Thanks in advance.

Same problem. Think it’s a usb virus. Anyone heard of a cure?

Thanks

I wonder if you go to the computer’s device management area, uninstall the Clip, and then reinstall it, if that will fix matters. 

@jean_paul wrote:

Same problem. Think it’s a usb virus. Anyone heard of a cure?

Thanks

Possible, but doubtful. Format the player and re-load the firmware.

My Clip+ started to not charge last week. I’m operating on Windows 7 and a pop up window told me that windows didn’t recognize my MP3 and windows also gave me a code 43(whatever that is).

I tried several USB cords and they all failed. Believe it or not I selected a USB cord with a transformer built in and low and behold the MP3 now charges correctly. Go figure???