UPDATE OUT!!!

Just got the new firmware!
VIDEO SUPPORT!
SEARCH AND BROWSE CAPABILITY!

this is a full-on media player now! HOLY ■■■■ I’M SO HAPPY!

Sansa Connect just got even cooler.  Good grief, why isn’t this thing on six month back order?  That’s right, drones.  Go buy the iPlod. 

Well, I’m still looking at the video support.  So far it looks like it is only able to use video converted by the Sansa Media Converter (like the other Sansa players).  It’s MP4 but not a standard I can identify.  The media converter is powered by interVideo and as far as I can tell, you need to convert all your existing MP4 files to use on your Sansa… this is unconfirmed though.

I was able to convert a WMV file and put it on my Connect but not through the software.  The software converted it and I had to copy it onto the device with Windows Explorer.

The search feature is just awesome.  Finally, the Connect is complete. 

After reading the post about the new firmware, I just kind of surfed my recommendations figuring sooner or later it would connect.  After about 10 minutes or so a message popped up saying not to turn off the Connect so that the update could download.  Just connect to a signal and download a couple of songs and its sure to start downloading.

I’m glad it’s finaly here.  Nice that you can search a little.  You’re screwed if you can’t think of the artist that does the song though.  Or what if I want the theme to TV’s “Secret Agent Man”?  But *some* search is better than none.

It seems they have the hidden SSID thing figured out, and that was a big deal for me.

I won’t care about video until they let us stream it right from the Yahoo Music site.  I’d think that feature alone would sell a LOT of these things.

You can force the update using the Sansa Firmware Updater tool.

OK, so I’m seeing one problem.  Although the microSD card now appears to be accessible through the player - it shows up in Windows Explorer as “My Computer\Sansa Connect\Expansion Card” - I’m unable to see the songs that are actually stored on the card in Windows Explorer or Windows Media Player.  Also, strangely, the Connect’s Info->microSD screen shows the correct values for Total MB, Used MB, and Free %, but shows no values for Songs, Photos or Videos.  BUT … the songs do show up on the Songs screen, so they appear to be in the Connect’s database.

Anyone else seeing this behavior?

Message Edited by PromisedPlanet on 11-07-2007 10:41 AM

Following up on myself …

I called Sandisk technical support about this; he had me reformat the microSD card and copy some songs onto it.  The songs that I copied show up in Windows Explorer and WMP as expected.  The songs are also in the Connect’s database.  The song count on the Connect’s microSD info screen is still blank, he’s going to look into that.  Also, he seemed to expect that the microSD card would show up as a removable disk in Windows Explorer, which it didn’t.  I haven’t rebooted my system yet, though, that might make a difference.

By the way, Sandisk technical support was excellent.  No wait time, and he stayed on the line with me for at least ten minutes while we went through the entire process. 

the search feature is the best!

“…the microSD card would show up as a removable disk in Windows Explorer, which it didn’t…”

My microSD card doesn’t show up as an external drive, but does show up when I navigate into the Sansa Connect in My Computer.  This appears to be the normal behavior.

-ML

“My microSD card doesn’t show up as an external drive, but does show up when I navigate into the Sansa Connect in My Computer.  This appears to be the normal behavior.”

Yep.  I think the tech support person at Sandisk was thinking about another Sansa … he didn’t seem to sure about this himself.  The release notes say that access to the microSD card is MTP only.

That’s OK, at least now we can write to it while it’s in the player!  Hallelujah!

And now, this morning, I’m sad.  :frowning:

After a PC reboot, my PC no longer recognizes my Sansa Connect.  When I connect it via USB, it goes through the usual “Connecting to PC”, “Gathering Folder Info” etc. process, but it repeats this process two more times.  When it’s done, my PC doesn’t show it in Windows Explorer, as if it’s not connected.

I’ve completely shutdown and restart the Connect a few times, no luck.

That happened to me twice. Try to reboot your CP and reboot/reset your Sansa Connect too.

It works for me.

Rebooting my PC did it.  Thanks.

Here’s another question.  I brought my Connect to my healthclub and attempted to connect to the free WiFi network there to stream Yahoo music stations.  The network has a portal page that one normally has to click thru to get to the network.

Before the upgrade, the player would see the network but wouldn’t connect to it.  Now, I get a username and password screen.  But, this network doesn’t require a username and password.  Any suggestions?  Or is it possible that the Connect just can’t handle this particular network portal?  Thanks in advance.

Try to delete the existing network then reboot your Sansa and search it again. It might work.

how do you get the update idk how

rockboxusedtoro wrote:

how do you get the update idk how

From http://www.sandisk.com/Retail/Default.aspx?CatID=1541:

Q: How do I update the Sansa Connect firmware?
A:
The Sansa Connect firmware updates automatically via the WiFi interface when a new firmware is released. If a newer firmware is available, it will download to the Connect when you are using a WiFi feature (such as Internet Radio or viewing Flickr Daily Photos). Typically the update process will start within 10 minutes of WiFi activity. Be sure to completely power off and on the Connect after the download to complete the installation.

If that doesn’t work for you:

Q: What is the Sansa Connect Recovery Tool?
A:
The Sansa Connect Recovery Tool can be used to reformat and re-install the latest firmware version to a Sansa Connect. This can be used when you believe the Connect is not functioning anymore. You can find the Recovery Tool here. There are two things to do before starting the Recovery Mode. First, charge the Connect for at least 20 minutes using the AC charger to ensure this is not a battery depletion problem. Second, hold the power button for 8-10 seconds to ensure the Connect has turned OFF. After these steps, you can put the Connect into Recovery Mode and use the Recovery Tool.

Message Edited by PromisedPlanet on 11-21-2007 11:22 PM

Message Edited by PromisedPlanet on 11-21-2007 11:22 PM

Message Edited by PromisedPlanet on 11-21-2007 11:23 PM

Sansa Connet now have Video capabilty. Its also allow you to write to your microSD card as it didnt let you before. Connect will also support high capasity microSD card (4GB, 6GB, 8GB). The search engine has also been modify. Any question feel free to ask. Thanks

ok thanks for the help

does any one know how to fix the buffering for the video it plays the first like 4 seconds of the video then pauses