Sansa Connect General Information

Sansa Connect

Latest Firmware Version: 1.1.2.65799r (listed under ZAP in the settings info)

Users Guide: Available Here
Part number: SDMX8N-4096K
Product type:  Audio player / Video Player / Photo viewer / Wifi enabled
PC interface supported: Hi-Speed USB
Flash memory: 4 GB Integrated
Slot(s) provided: 1x MicroSD Slot
Memory Cards: MicroSD, MicroSDHC (with latest firmware)
Digital audio standards: MP3, AAC
Digital video standard: 320 x 240 resolution at 30fps and MPEG-4 support
Digital player additional features:.jpeg photo playback, .mov video playback, internal speaker, internet radio
Connection types: 1x 30 pin to USB cable, 1x Headphones Mini-phone stereo 3.5 mm
Audio system: built-in speaker, 3.5 mini-phone stereo
Display: TFT Diagonal
Screen Size: 2.2 inches
Headphones type: Binaural Sound
Sound output mode: Stereo

Minimum Operating system:
Windows Vista, Microsoft Windows XP SP1
Windows Media Player 10+

Package Contents:

• Sansa Connect MP3 player
  • AC charger/adaptor
  • USB 2.0 transfer cable
  • Earphones
  • Protective case
  • Lanyard
  • Quick Start Guide

Message Edited by sansamonsta on 02-24-2009 09:42 AM

Good post, thanks.  It might be helpful to mention the maximum size MicroSDHC card that the Connect can handle (currently 8GB).

To most of the Connect users who know about networking this may not effect you. To the rest of the Connect users who are not as Tech orriented this may help in any connetivity issued you may be facing.

If you are having a difficult time connecting to your router, first thing we need to do is contact your Internet Service provider (ISP) . If that is where you recieved your router, and make sure weather or not your router is set to “Static” or “DHCP”.

This can cause several delays in connection.

Alot of times if Your ISP uses all Static on the router, You may have to manually have them assist you in programming in the MAC address and setting an IP for your device.

With DHCP this is not an Issue. If you are set up as DHCP, and you are still unable to connect, We then need to check for MAC Filtering.

After that there should be no issues.

I hope this is of use to all of you.

Lj

I am trying to download some new music to my Sansa Connect and just can’t find anything that is compatible—any ideas???

@sent911 wrote:
I am trying to download some new music to my Sansa Connect and just can’t find anything that is compatible—any ideas???

I’m wondering how you’re finding music that *isn’t* compatable … what formats have you tried?

I have yet to find an MP3 that the Connect can’t play.

@promisedplanet wrote:

Good post, thanks.  It might be helpful to mention the maximum size MicroSDHC card that the Connect can handle (currently 8GB).

Updating myself … I’m using a 16GB microSDHC card in my Connect now.  :smileyvery-happy:

I am considering buying a “non wifi” Connect on ebay and have downloaded the Device Recovery Setup. I keep reading that this resets the device to enable WiFi, but does it roll back the firmware? If so does that limit the size of MicroSDHC card you can use?

@bonjonno wrote:
I am considering buying a “non wifi” Connect on ebay and have downloaded the Device Recovery Setup. I keep reading that this resets the device to enable WiFi, but does it roll back the firmware? If so does that limit the size of MicroSDHC card you can use?

I’m not sure whether the firmware version number moves backwards or forwards, but no functionality is lost.  You only gain Internet Radio.  I’m using the Internet Radio firmware with a 16GB microSDHC card.

Cool PromisedPlanet, that’s what I needed to know

@mrsmileyface wrote:

Sansa Connect

Latest Firmware Version: 1.1.2.65799r (listed under ZAP in the settings info)

Users Guide: Available Here

The link is broken at the moment.  This worked for me.

Thank you for the link HughR :slight_smile:

Anyone having connection problems to Internet radio as of 3/23/2010? I’m seeing the “(X) Can’t play station - try again later” error after the “Connecting…” message.

DadKubed wrote:
Anyone having connection problems to Internet radio as of 3/23/2010? I’m seeing the “(X) Can’t play station - try again later” error after the “Connecting…” message.

Yep, I’m having the same problem.  It could be temporary, this has happened before.  Or it could be that Launchcast streaming has finally been shut off to Sansa Connects.

Not related, but I notice that Flickr Photo viewing is still working.

I too am having the problem playing streaming radio music. Getting the same “Can’t play station…” error when trying it with multiple stations. 

I hope this gets resolved soon.

Looks like it’s a general Launchcast problem, not just the Connect … can’t play any stations at launchcast.com, either.

Hmm, now launchcast.com is back up, but my Connect is still getting “can’t play station.”  That’s not a good sign.

Yep. This does not look good.

I hope I’m wrong… It looks like our gravy train may have just left the station. :frowning:

I’m getting the same error message.  I have a feeling it’s tied to the error at http://music.yahoo.com/launchcast/subscription/default.asp?context=&ru=http://music.yahoo.com/launchcast

Now only if we had a way to get it to work with Shoutcast…

Nah, Launchcast is working fine.  Just go to http://new.music.yahoo.com/launchcast/ and select any stream.

My guess is that access via the Sansa Connect has finally been shut down.

Let me know if any of you find anything else out. It figures though. Now that the weather is getting nice outside here was looking forward to using the wireless music function on the deck (and beyond). Just tried to connect yesterday and got the “Can’t play station - try again later” message and still getting it. Guess our gravy train has left. Wish we could hack these players to get Slacker.