this will not charge

I just bought this sansa fuze, I have plugged it in to several computers in the USB port. It acts like it will start to charge and shows me the little lightning bolt for about 15-20 sec. then stops. I have left it in for 3 hours and my battery is completely dead. Now what can I do?

I’m not sure if I fixed the problem yet. It looks like I did though. Cross your fingers. When charging the battery, you have to change the USB mode under settings to MSC mode. Now it is showing up in my computer. Why wasn’t that in the owners manual? Everything else about this MP3 player seems easy. Just my luck to get hung up on charging the silly thing.

@jatp12 wrote:
I’m not sure if I fixed the problem yet. It looks like I did though. Cross your fingers. When charging the battery, you have to change the USB mode under settings to MSC mode. Now it is showing up in my computer. Why wasn’t that in the owners manual? Everything else about this MP3 player seems easy. Just my luck to get hung up on charging the silly thing.

This can be completely resolved by making sure you have MTP drivers installed on the Computer. This is done by Installing Windows Medial Player 11. If you install that you should be able to connect and charge in any mode.