Syncing with Windows Media

I have Windows 7 and downloaded the Rhapasidy that came along with my Sansa Clip.  When I put my songs in Windows Media Player, it will not give me to option to sync to my Sansa player.  Any suggestions?

Personally, I just copy and paste content onto my Clip.  Avoids all the WMP complications.

Once WMP recognizes the player, the rest should be simple.  If WMP doesn’t recognize the player, you can’t use the WMP music mgmt tools.  Make sure your Clip is set on the proper mode (Auto or MTP, IIRC).  Give the computer 30-40 seconds to recognize the player as a portable music device.

br112 wrote:
I have Windows 7 and downloaded the Rhapasidy that came along with my Sansa Clip.  When I put my songs in Windows Media Player, it will not give me to option to sync to my Sansa player.  Any suggestions?

Do you have both your computer and the Clip ‘authorized’ by Rhapsody? If not it won’t let you transfer, or ‘sync’ the DRM-crippled files to another device (meaning your Clip).

Rob22315 wrote:
Once WMP recognizes the player, the rest should be simple.  If WMP doesn’t recognize the player, you can’t use the WMP music mgmt tools.  Make sure your Clip is set on the proper mode (Auto or MTP, IIRC).  Give the computer 30-40 seconds to recognize the player as a portable music device.

You can use WMP with your Sansa in MSC mode as well as MTP. I did for months. But MSC won’t work for Rhapsody.

Message Edited by Marvin_Martian on 01-19-2010 10:28 PM