Sansa Clip won't sync with WMP or Windows Media Center

I am unable to sync my Sansa Clip with Windows Media Player or Windows Media Center.  Both programs will not even recognize that my clip is connected to my PC.  I can load music via Windows Explorer, but I would rather use WMP or WMC.  Do anyone have a solution?

Dandogg

@dandogg wrote:

I am unable to sync my Sansa Clip with Windows Media Player or Windows Media Center.  Both programs will not even recognize that my clip is connected to my PC.  I can load music via Windows Explorer, but I would rather use WMP or WMC.  Do anyone have a solution?

 

Dandogg

Go to the sync tab, and then click the little arrow below it, and see if there is a “refresh device” or “setup device” option if so folow the directions on these.

Hi Conversionbox:

I have already done that.  I have my Clip set up in MSC mode also.  When I try to change it to MTP mode, my computer automatically attempts to find a driver, but then always fails (all this while my Clip is connected to my computer).  I have also tried to format my device (in an attempt to try anything), but that didn’t work.

Dandogg

@dandogg wrote:

Hi Conversionbox:

 

I have already done that.  I have my Clip set up in MSC mode also.  When I try to change it to MTP mode, my computer automatically attempts to find a driver, but then always fails (all this while my Clip is connected to my computer).  I have also tried to format my device (in an attempt to try anything), but that didn’t work.

 

Dandogg

I’m confused as to why it wouldn’t work…I have my Clip and Fuze in MSC and WMP knows it’s there. At least the Windows Explorer option is available to you. Why exactly do you want to use WMP?(and is it WMP11?)

Question Mark

I have NO idea why it doesn’t sync with those 2 programs.  I have tried everything from switching back and for between MTP and MSC, using Sansa Updater, formatting my Clip, refresh devices under SYNC in WMP. I don’t think I have a bad unit.  And yes, I am using WMP ver 11.  I have also noticed that my Clip won’t sync or be recognized by Windows Media Center either (WMC came with my computer).  Yes, I am glad I can use Windows Explorer.

Dandogg

Try another program, Media Monkey is a free download, or try WinAmp. See if either of these recognize your player, If so try to reinstall WMP.

I might try the WMP reinstall.  (Hopefully not) dumb question.  If WMP came with my computer, how do I unstall it and then reinstall it?  Is it free on Microsoft’s website?

Thanks!

Dandogg

@dandogg wrote:

I might try the WMP reinstall.  (Hopefully not) dumb question.  If WMP came with my computer, how do I unstall it and then reinstall it?  Is it free on Microsoft’s website?

 

Thanks!

Dandogg

Go to the control pannel and then add/remove programs, and then uninstall it from there. It is a free download from their site.

Thanks,  I will give this a shot.

HELP WITH SYNC

@wandag14 wrote:

HELP WITH SYNC

Don’t. Sync, that is.

Problem solved. :stuck_out_tongue:

@wandag14 wrote:

HELP WITH SYNC

Really, if you want help, you need to explain what the problem is, in detail.  And if the issue is syncing with Windows Media Player, you should read the help files for WMP, to learn how best to use it.  Personally, I don’t–I simply copy and paste files to the Clip, and it works well and simply.

I have never done this posting help thing but was compelled to do so after many many hours of experimenting and reading posts.  My solution:  Download all your music on an appropriate size flash drive (just in case) (it will let you do this), And I am note sure exactly how I did this but you need to empty everything from the mp3 player’s internal memory, everything. You will notice this is done effectively when available memory is 100%GB FREE.  This should only erase the mp3 and not the computer music files.   Then simply sync as you did when it worked properly the first few times.  Problem solved, new songs added and shuffle memory seemed to be new again.  I hope this get you going in the right direction. Oh and PS.  I’m running the songs in shuffle until the batteries dead in hopes it wont create “my prefrences” for listening.    Also DELETE all sync relationships.