Clip - Songs not showing in Windows Media Player

After syncing all my songs to my clip, they dont show up in Windows Media Player (11) – says “there are no songs synced to this device”. But in the “recently added” tab, it shows all my songs and they all play fine.

Firmware and WMP is updated. I’ve tried using both MSC and MTP modes. It shows up in “My Computer” when in MSC mode and i can delete the songs like that, but it was more convenient in Media Player.

Anyone know anything that could help? Please and thanks!

Did you sync in MTP or MSC mode? I would rather use drag and drop in MSC mode (which I am). WMP causes too many problems as experienced by many here in the forums.

MSC mode, and you’re probably right. i should just use drag and drop. i just got so used to using media player. but if anyone else has any suggestions, im up for it!

Try using MTP mode. This works best with WMP and Syncing.

Drag and drop works fine in MTP mode.  I do this all the time with my Sansa Connect, which doesn’t support MSC.

You could try an alternate music manager.  I use MediaMonkey for syncing my Clip, no problem in either mode.

Message Edited by PromisedPlanet on 08-28-2009 07:44 AM

My clip isn’t recognized as a device in MTP mode, so I don’t see where I could use drag and drop using windows explorer or the equivalent for other os’s. I don’t use wmp11 but that or Rhapsordy should be used if one wants to use MTP mode. One should use one or the other and not mix modes.

@dave61430 wrote:
My clip isn’t recognized as a device in MTP mode, so I don’t see where I could use drag and drop using windows explorer or the equivalent for other os’s. I don’t use wmp11 but that or Rhapsordy should be used if one wants to use MTP mode. One should use one or the other and not mix modes.

MTP requires Windows Media Player 10 or 11 installed for it to work. Not to sure how one can mix the mode since its only one or the other (MTP or MSC) as an option. Unless auto detect is available.