Stopping a Song

I’m sure there is a very simple way to do this, but if a song is playing and you want to stop it and go back to no activity, how do you stop it.  I’ve done every combination I can think of, nothing works.  The manual has nothing.  I’ve tried turning the thing off and back on, it just takes up where it left off.  Thanks for any help.

The Fuze, like most players, doesn’t have a stop function, just a pause.  If I really want to go back to no activity, I go to the voice record function, start a recording, stop it, then don’t save it.  That will put you back to the main menu.  You can do similar things with other modes as well to get the same result.

I, personally would like a stop function, but manufacturers (and most users) agree that one isn’t necessary, so who am I to argue?

What i usually do to get to no activity is go to the videos and play one, then i press the menu button and it gets to no activity.

Its a lot more work than if there were a stop button but thats how it gets done.

@davea wrote:
I’m sure there is a very simple way to do this, but if a song is playing and you want to stop it and go back to no activity, how do you stop it.  I’ve done every combination I can think of, nothing works.  The manual has nothing.  I’ve tried turning the thing off and back on, it just takes up where it left off.  Thanks for any help.

The best way I’ve found is go to FM radio, then press up on the scrollwheel…kind of a “pause” or “mute” for the FM, but at least your music tracks are stopped. Then , when you go back to them, hit the “play previous”