Still effin frozen

like no joke i followed all the instructions the sandisk people here gave me but my sansa fuze (4gb) is still frozen in the menu screen and for some reason the only way to get it working is if i get a one of the cell phone memory card to fit inside of it. But anyways how do i fix it

1.I’ve tried reseting it

1. waste the battery then rechaging it

3.format it in all ways possible

4.update it with the new software.

none of these options work

Message Edited by AIDS on 02-18-2010 08:06 PM

What’s with the username?

@promisedplanet wrote:
What’s with the username?

I was wondering too.

Could it be… Aviation Induced Divorce Syndrome?  Pilots can relate to this one.  :wink:

µsansa

AIDS wrote:
like no joke i followed all the instructions the sandisk people here gave me but my sansa fuze (4gb) is still frozen in the menu screen and for some reason the only way to get it working is if i get a one of the cell phone memory card to fit inside of it. But anyways how do i fix it

You’re going to have to be more specific. Really, no joke. We have no idea what you’ve tried, or what you haven’t if you don’t say.

Did you try a reset? Did you try using the Search function here? Here’s a solution to someone else voicing a similar problem.

Anyways, you can also always call SanDisk Tech Support. If they can’t solve the issue for you and deem the unit defective, they’ll set you up with an RMA# to get it replaced if it’s still under warranty.

its told to reset, update it, and format it, i did all three and its still frozen and ive called them they havent replied(which is no supprise).

Not email. Telephone.

i cant by telephone but does anyone know how to fix it

It’s frozen before you put tracks on it? Or does it work OK and then mess up after you’ve added tracks?

At what point is it freezing? As soon as you switch it on? What firmware version is it?

I wonder if there is a wrong instruction to the CPU left as residue from a crash and hanging in the operational memory?

I would try and leave the Fuze working to flatten the battery entirely and charging it again.

You may also try and format it via Windows browser (as an addition to the Fuze OS format). Check for the tags in your files… 

(I have a problem myself with the frozen/distorted screen - sometimes it goes with no reason - I must admit than nothing of the above helps and I opted to exchange it…)

Message Edited by Etoja on 02-15-2010 11:27 AM

as soons as it turns on it freezes so do you know any way to fix it

Message Edited by TomJensen on 05-03-2010 06:19 PM

Could you go back and answer the questions fully.  We can’t help you if you don’t give us anything to go on.

umm ok

AIDS wrote:
umm ok

Unless you give us More information We cannot help you. You need to tell us what Firmware you have on the player? Did this happen out of the box or did you put songs on it first? What Exactly have you tried and how have you tried it, you mentioned reset and Format, so how did you try to reset it and how did you try to format it format? What Operating System are you using on your computer? What size is the player and about how much (If anything) was on it when this started?

Tell us any information IN ADDITION to this stuff do you feel is important.

With out this exact information no one can help you because we cant see or use your player and we cant read your mind. So share some info instead of just askin the question. 

What do you expect from a person who chooses “AIDS” for a username?

Whoa… laconic type…

<putting a candle behind the LCD to see if dude’s writing in inviso ink>

white font on white background may be…