Songs in wrong order

Hi there, I have a problem with my recently purchased Clip+ 8GB.

I have all my albums neatly in order on my computer and converted from original CDs. My new Sansa recognizes artists and albums well, but it puts some of the songs into incorrect order. The order can be like 4-5-9-10-11-1-2-3-6-7, but it’s never the same. Most of the albums have the right order, but some not. I really can’t tell what makes the difference. Looking on the computer, all of the files look perfectly normal after drag&drop.

File metadata should be fine, there has been no problems with my previous mp3 players. So, this seems to be a bug, but how to get rid of it?

Are the track numbers okay? Do they have leading zeros when needed? Are the tags ID3v2.3 ISO 8859-1 which the player needs?

Track numbers are okay, but it turned out that some tags are ID3v2.3 and some ID3v2.2. Apparently that makes the difference and is the reason for this mess.  Why do the tags vary within albums? These albums (there are a lot of them!) have been converted with dB PowerAmp, nowadays I use Exact Audio Copy or CDex.

@thinfish wrote:

Track numbers are okay, but it turned out that some tags are ID3v2.3 and some ID3v2.2. Apparently that makes the difference and is the reason for this mess.  Why do the tags vary within albums? These albums (there are a lot of them!) have been converted with dB PowerAmp, nowadays I use Exact Audio Copy or CDex.

It shouldn’t.  dB PowerAmp should have made them all the same tag.

@mags1230 wrote:

@thinfish wrote:

It shouldn’t.  dB PowerAmp should have made them all the same tag.

That’s what I would assume, too, but the truth seems to be something else.

Like I said, I haven’t faced this problem with my previous mp3 players nor with Winamp. Very confusing. And frustrating.

OK, main problem solved. I changed the USB connection from MSC to MTP, and now the tags are matching (ID3v2.3) in the albums which previously caused problems. Splendide.

But now the newest albums, which I have converted with CDex, are labeled to be of unknown artists and unknown albums. Tags are ID3v2.4. *sigh*

Shouldn’t use more than one converter, ever…

I haven’t had that issue using CDex.  But if there is an issue, couldn’t you use MP3Tag to convert the tag version for all your files all in one batch, simply by resaving the files with the ok ID3 tag version setting set?  Just a thought.

@miikerman wrote:

I haven’t had that issue using CDex.  But if there is an issue, couldn’t you use MP3Tag to convert the tag version for all your files all in one batch, simply by resaving the files with the ok ID3 tag version setting set?  Just a thought.

Or is there a changeable setting for the tags in CDex?