Wrong song ordering on my Sansa

Dear support, I’ve downloaded several audiobooks to my Sansa clip and can see the same problems with ordering of them.

I have chapters named as:

eng_01_01.mp3

eng_01_02.mp3

eng_01_03.mp3

eng_02_01.mp3

eng_02_02.mp3

eng_03_01.mp3

and so on,

and my Sansa shows them as:

eng_01_01.mp3

eng_02_01.mp3

eng_03_01.mp3

eng_01_02.mp3

eng_02_02.mp3

eng_01_03.mp3…

which is obviously wrong. Can it be fixed somehow, or at least easily workarounded?

The clip uses ID3 tags, not file names.  Download mp3tag and re-tag your tracks so they play in the right order

I know that clip uses ID3 tags, but only if they present. My files do not have ID3 tags, only filenames. AFAIK, In such case Clip should use filenames instead of ID3.

@torbich wrote:
I know that clip uses ID3 tags, but only if they present. My files do not have ID3 tags, only filenames. AFAIK, In such case Clip should use filenames instead of ID3.

Nope. You would need a Fuze with its recently added folder navigation option to work that way. You’ll have to add tags to your files , I think.

Even with tags some titles don’t sort properly.  Hope SanDisk fixes this soon.

@gregwint wrote:

With the right tags it should.

@gregwint wrote:

Make sure your tagging software is set to write tags in ID3v2.3 ISO 8859-1 format. Other versions can be problematic.

My tags are in ID3v2.3 ISO 8859-1 format.  I’ve tried all the combinations of other formats and encodings as well.  SanDisk Technical Support has confirmed this problem as a defect with the current firmware.  

http://forums.sandisk.com/sansa/board/message?board.id=clip&message.id=16922#M16922

If this affects you please send them an email and ask them to fix it in a future firmware release.