some songs have ransom letters/numbers before the title..how do i get rid of these?

I have songs that were purchased on itunes and downloaded…some songs have the nromal title and some have a series of numbers and letters before the title name. How can i get rid of these? these are not part of the title when shown on WMP or on the computer file.

anyone else have this problem?

Message Edited by TomJensen on 05-03-2010 06:47 PM

Message Edited by TomJensen on 05-03-2010 06:47 PM

some songs have ransom letters . . .

Those must be some darn good songs! How much are the song-nappers asking for ransom? Have you called the music cops?

TomJensen wrote:
OK ignore the prev post. Just reread the OP. Prob likely lies in ID3 tagging and/or the “download” process. Try drag&drop in MSC mode. For MP3s w/ problems, try a copy with tags removed.

Hey Tom I know this is off topic here but I just wanted you to know that if you go to the top right corner of your post and click on options there is a drop down with the option to Edit Post. You can use this to change your post or add to it. I have seen a lot of your posts and you do a heck of a job but I have also seen you post back to back like this and thought it might help make your life easier.  

Oh hey gotcha… Thanks for the heads-up, er, eyes-up!