Music List not displaying correctly...

So I got my Fuze recently.

Anyways I load up some songs. I notice that for some songs, when displaying the song title they have a number next to it. So it’ll display something like 1-Song. I’m pretty sure it’s the track number. However, I notice for some other songs it doesn’t display this track number. 

Does anyone know why some songs do this? 

Thanks!

Message Edited by XDLMAO on 12-03-2008 08:29 PM

You have to edit the song properties and change it to just the song title.

(BTW, This is my first post on the boards, just got a fuze on BF.)

Message Edited by ImportGuyR34 on 12-03-2008 09:13 PM

My guess is the tracks showing as 1-Song are being displayed by filename.

If you are using MP3 files, make sure the tags are in ID3 version 2.3 using ISO8859 character set. Sansas don’t like other versions much, particularly v2.4. Although v2.4 is being fixed by a firmware upgrade at some point.

Mp3Tag(*) can help here - In Tools->Options-Tags->Mpeg, set it to read all tags, remove all tags, and write only ID3v2.3 & ISO8859.

Select all tracks in a directory in your library, hit save, and it will convert your tags. Try it on a test directory first though…!

If you set ‘Subdirectories’ under the ‘General’ setting, it will do your entire library in one hit.

(*)Statutory Notice: Other tagging tools are available :wink:

Message Edited by daytona955 on 12-03-2008 10:59 PM

Message Edited by daytona955 on 12-03-2008 11:27 PM

Thanks for your help!

A question, under “Write” should I check ID3v1, ID3v2 or none of them? 

And I’ll let you know if this works or not.

You want ID3v2.3 ISO format.  You can set it to remove other formats (unless you need them for some other reason).

@skinjob wrote:
You want ID3v2.3 ISO format.  You can set it to remove other formats (unless you need them for some other reason).

What Skinjob said!

:smiley: 

Well everything works now, thanks everyone!