Sanza Fuze - media converter won't install

I have all the updated versions of software but the media converter won’t install properly.

Once the wizard finishes unpacking the software, I get the error message: “Error installing iKernel.exe (0x800).”

only option is to hit Ok and that closes the wizard.

Any help would greatly be appreciated!

FYI: I’m using Windows Vista and have over 100GB of free space. The Updater downloaded fine, my

only problem is the converter. 

Its a flawed program. Everyone hates it from either the minute they get it or after the countless times it fails on them.

From what I heard, the next firmware update will make SMC obsolete (or near obsolete). Don’t worry that you can’t Install it!

But if you are going to insist on installing, try redownloading, restarting, etc. If thats not working, look for an older installer.

@deadcereal wrote:

Its a flawed program. Everyone hates it from either the minute they get it or after the countless times it fails on them.

From what I heard, the next firmware update will make SMC obsolete (or near obsolete). Don’t worry that you can’t Install it!

But if you are going to insist on installing, try redownloading, restarting, etc. If thats not working, look for an older installer.

WRONG!!!   They are working to make SMC lessened BUT There are NO confirmations that any progress has been made or that the next firmware will make any difference. Try not to get yours or any body elses hopes up.

@hallok5 wrote:

I have all the updated versions of software but the media converter won’t install properly.

Once the wizard finishes unpacking the software, I get the error message: “Error installing iKernel.exe (0x800).”

only option is to hit Ok and that closes the wizard.

Any help would greatly be appreciated!

FYI: I’m using Windows Vista and have over 100GB of free space. The Updater downloaded fine, my

only problem is the converter. 

Try installing Rhapsody, DONT SUBSCRIBE TO ANYTHING, Rhapsody will convert the videos and transfer them for you.

try this it should work http://www.sansaconverter.net/sansa-fuze-converter.html

I personally would not download an unknown program–much less pay for it–from someone whose only post on this board is to shill for that program. If you even download that program, be sure to check it for viruses (as you should do with any downloaded program). 

Rhapsody is free and well established. 

Another program that people have had good reports on is Any Video Converter.

Your installation problem may have to do with Vista security. Are you logged in as the Administrator on your computer?