Sansa will not turn on.

I bought my sansa less than a year ago and to keep it in working condition I bought a clear hardplastic case. In spite of that, my Fuze won’t turn on, I recently updated it to the most recent firmware (maybe that has something to do with it). Is there any reason for it dying, and is there a solution.

@asscutter wrote:
I bought my sansa less than a year ago and to keep it in working condition I bought a clear hardplastic case. In spite of that, my Fuze won’t turn on, I recently updated it to the most recent firmware (maybe that has something to do with it). Is there any reason for it dying, and is there a solution.

Try plugging it in and letting it charge for a while. Even if the battery was full it may need a but of a jolt. Also do a soft reset by sliding the power switch up and holding it for 15-20 seconds. 

Tried, I think it’s fried.

my daughter’s is doing the same thing. i would normally recommend sandisk to anyone but hers has lasted less than a year which is very disappointing. in one random moment about a week ago it powered up and had a full battery. we charged it anyway & a few days later she was able to listen to it for a bit before it died again, apparently never to start up again. i haven’t really dug into to see if there is anything more we can do but if i come up w/something i’ll be sure to let you know.

@chloe7473 wrote:
my daughter’s is doing the same thing. i would normally recommend sandisk to anyone but hers has lasted less than a year which is very disappointing. in one random moment about a week ago it powered up and had a full battery. we charged it anyway & a few days later she was able to listen to it for a bit before it died again, apparently never to start up again. i haven’t really dug into to see if there is anything more we can do but if i come up w/something i’ll be sure to let you know.

Its more likely that there is a defect with the player… Some have reported that the connections to things like the battery have come loose fro some people. I would call Sandisk and find out about a replacement. 

wat is the sandisk number? i need to talk to them badly.

In the USA, it’s 1-866-SanDisk.  Here’e the complete listing for you (as the USA is but a small part of the globe):

Support Telephone Numbers

µsansa