Sansa Fuze stuck in "Refreshing your media"

I’ve been using a Sansa Fuze "forever: listening to audiobooks.   Today when listening to a book, it went into the “Refreshing your media” message.  Ok I figured I’ll wait for it., nothing on the progress bar  and it has been like this for over an hour.  I tried coinnecting to the PC  (slide into “hold” mode and pressing rewind when connectign to PC), but nothing;  Screen doesn’t change and PC doesn’t recognize it. I did have an 8Gb external SD card in it.  I was able to remove it and the audio book I place on there appear to be find (all the while Fuze is still showing the "Refreshing your media: message.

Is there a way to “reboot” the device?  (This is where I usually pull the battery from other devices)

Thanks for any hints,
Ken

Oh just found that I should ho;d the power button for long time.  That seemed to get it working again

@kmcaron wrote:

Oh just found that I should ho;d the power button for long time.  That seemed to get it working again

That’s how to reset the player. Glad you figured it out.

Hard reset indeed. I think some proccess or program got stucked at some point here. 

BTW, if you ever find yourself unable to refresh the DB due to a “bad” file (eg. a file that cannot be read due to filesystem corruption, or a file with incompatible metadata tags), you can simply use THIS method to delete the file (or wipe the device).