I put some music on my sansa fuze and then when i disconected from the computer, the refreshing your media screen would not go away. I’m not sure if I should refromat it because if i put more music on it and the refreshing your media screen doesn’t go away again, I wont have any music.
Depending on the amount of the data or music files you have on your device, “Refreshing Database” may take a while to finish. But if you feel it’s frozen you may try the following steps:
Resetting the player:
- Slide and hold the Power switch up for approximately 20 seconds.
- Release the Power switch.
- To turn the player on, slide the Power switch up then release instantly.
Manual update by downloading the firmware from the Sansa Forum
- Go to the Sansa Fuze firmware update board on the Sansa Forum.
- Instructions on updating the firmware manually are provided in the thread.