Sansa Fuze player frozen

I use a Fuze 8 GB Vi player bought brand new 2 months ago and it has suddenly completely died. In the middle of listening to my music it stopped playing, the background light went out and when I plugged it into my computer the device was not recognized as drive. I know that it was fully charged. What happened and is there any fix? Your help would be appreciated.

Reset it. This has been asked & answered about . . . oh, maybe 1, 673 times now. :stuck_out_tongue:

Reset it. This has been asked & answered about . . . oh, maybe 1,673 times now. :stuck_out_tongue:

I have a 4gb fuze and had the same problem but the reset did not work.  Any other ideas?  I have gone through the Sandisk customer service with this and it has not helped.

Bru316 wrote:
I have a 4gb fuze and had the same problem but the reset did not work.  Any other ideas?  I have gone through the Sandisk customer service with this and it has not helped.

What? Tech Support just said to reset it, and when that didn’t work they gave up on it and said you’re on your own? I find this hard to believe.

One, try a longer reset, up to 40 seconds. Some glitches take longer to clear than the recommended 10 secs. Two, if it still doesn’t work, call SanDisk Tech Support back and keep them on the phone with you until a solution is found, or they set you up with a RMA# if it is still under warranty. Don’t mess around with e-mails back & forth. By the time you (and they) figure out there’s a problem beyond your scope of fixing it, your warranty will be expired.