Fuze died?

My 8GB Fuze is shot, I think. Won’t charge or turn on. Tried to hold the power switch for 20 secsonds, no help. Tried to boot it in MSC mode (Hold, hold backwards while plugging it in) and no luck there, either.

What’s my next step, or am I all out of options?

Try resetting it (holding the power switch in the up position) longer. Ususally 20 seconds is enough, but I heard of cases requiring up to a minute.

Try resetting it (holding the power switch in the up position) longer. Ususally 20 seconds is enough, but I heard of cases requiring up to a minute or longer.

when you connect the player in Force MSC mode by holding left button and if it detected by your computer, then try updating the firmware of your sansa player:

http://kb.sandisk.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/278/kw/

If the problem persist then contact sandisk support for further assistance.

Mine did the same after 2 years and 2 months. I used the thing every holiday when en route, so in all about 10 weeks of usage and certainly not all day.

This player is rubbish and I won’t buy their products again.
Either make something that is decent or forget it, customers hate being diddled.

You could probably restart it with a simple reset. But don’t let me get in the way of a nice childish tantrum.

Just in case anybody comes by wondering, the issue resolved itself. I plugged it in about a week later and worked fine. Not sure what happened.

Good for you. Glad it eventually worked itself out.

@nicholus_h wrote:

Just in case anybody comes by wondering, the issue resolved itself. I plugged it in about a week later and worked fine. Not sure what happened.

Glad things sorted themselves out for you. If I were what was commonly referred to back in the day as a ‘male chauvinist pig’, I’d say something along the lines of:

“Sometimes you have to treat these things like a woman. The best way for illiciting a response from them is to ignore them for a while.”

But I’m not, so I won’t. :stuck_out_tongue: