Major Problems

Alright so I got a 4gb Fuse for Christmas. I went to school today and it was working on the way there. I didn’t touch it during school. As I was leaving I pulled it out of my pocket and it didn’t turn on. I kept trying and then a white screen came up. Obviously I knew something was wrong. It blinked four or five times, and now it won’t turn on at all. My computer won’t acknowledge it’s there when I plug it in, nor will anything happen when I plug it in to charge. Should I just get a new one?

Also, the battery didn’t last 24 hours like it said it would. It lasted about 6-8 hours. I didn’t think much of it, but I was a little surprised. Someone help me.

Ok. Force it into MSC mode (Look that up using the search function) and then follow the instructions found in the first post on the Sansa Fuze Firmware update thread, to do a manual update. See if that helps. The question that needs to be asked is … At any point durring the day did you happen to put preassure on the fuze, by leaning on it, or sitting on it or did something heavy hit it? If so your screen may be broke. But try the other stuff first.

Conversionbox is correct I’m sure.  But would doing a Soft Reset work here?  Holding the power button up for 15-20 seconds, then if necessarying holding it up to turn it on.

Wait, how do I force it into MSC Mode?

And no I didn’t. At least I’m pretty sure. It was a casual day. Plus if I had slammed into anything, I would’ve checked to make sure it was okay.

@dalaug234 wrote:

Conversionbox is correct I’m sure.  But would doing a Soft Reset work here?  Holding the power button up for 15-20 seconds, then if necessarying holding it up to turn it on.

Good Thought! Dont know why I didnt think of that! It may help try the soft reset First. Then try the other stuff.

Forcing MSC mode is done by:

You can force an MSC connection by sliding the power switch to the HOLD position (orange showing) and hold the center button depressed while connecting to the USB port.

I’ve held the power button for a while and nothing has happened. How do I get it into MSC Mode? I don’t know what you mean by the search thing.

Sorry ignore the other post. I’m holding the middle button and nothing’s happening. I also put it on hold and plugged it in and everything.

Did it react? To being plugged in? YOur screen on the player my not do anything, but does your computer see it?

Nothing happens at all…Not on the screen or my computer.

@beckywecky02 wrote:
Nothing happens at all…Not on the screen or my computer.

Ok this is gonna sound a little weird. BUT unplug it and let it sit overnight. Then tomorrow, try this stuff again as see if there is a change. If not contact SanDisk Tech Support and see what they have to say.

Okay thank you.