Sansa Fuze 4GB will not turn on or charge...

So… my 4GB Sansa Fuze stipped working today. It will not turn on nor will it charge when I plug it in. I have tried holding the power switch up to 60 seconds to try and reset it but no joy. Thr device was working just fine last night and the battery was near full charge. I was wondering if anyone had an idea of how to correct this. or if my MP3 plaayer is a paperweight now?

Any suggestions or help is much appreciated! Thank you in advance 

Looks like you did the right thing in trying to reset it. I’d recommend you try contacting Sandisk about this.

Yeah, thats what I was thinking. But figured it was worth a shot asking here first *shruggs*

The same thing happend to me 5 minutes ago! I have a Sansa Fuse 8G and it just did exactly what you said happend to yours. Also this is my second Fuse in 2 and a half months. I’m so angry. Did they replace yours?

Have not had a chance to contact them yet. This just happened 48 hours ago and I’ll be giving them a ring in the morning when I get up. But I will let you know what happens. Hopefully they will do something.

Hi folks. Sorry to hijack the thread but the same thing happened to my Fuze earlier (8Gb version).

It was fine - I was listening to it when it died - and now it won’t switch on. When I connect to the computer it says it’s an unrecognised device.

I use my Fuze every single day so I’m not very happy!

Do Sansa have a warranty on these things? I bought it off ebay - should that matter (it’s been working fine for four months)?

I had the same thing happen to me too once. What I did was that I put charged it for the whole day and when i saw it the next day, it would actually turn on and my songs were still there!!! so far it hasn’t happened to me again. good luck though i dont know if this will work for you too but it did for me although i have 8 gb fuze.

Kelly1, when you plugged yours in to charge, did it light up? Mine is still a brick when I plug it in

Yeah so anyway I tried it again this morning. It switched on and said it was Refreshing Media - don’t know why, I haven’t made any changes. The battery meter was entirely white, then the BATTERY LOW warning came up and it switched off again.

I’ve been able to connect it to my computer since and browse to it/ charge it. Battery must be on it’s way out.

I have the sansa 8 gb fuze, mine wont charge!  I tried the all day thing, the reset…etc.  I luckily bought at Best Buy, and the cashier recommend that I buy the extended warranty for it!  She said they come back a lot for problems…of course they are just a “throw away” item…they do not fix them…it is frustrating because when replaced have to redownload everything again…only have had mine for a few months and use it everyday. 

@bantfarm wrote:
I have the sansa 8 gb fuze, mine wont charge!  I tried the all day thing, the reset…etc.  I luckily bought at Best Buy, and the cashier recommend that I buy the extended warranty for it!  She said they come back a lot for problems…of course they are just a “throw away” item…they do not fix them..it is frustrating because when replaced have to redownload everything again…only have had mine for a few months and use it everyday. 

is it true ? because there’s some one who I know is very much worried about his dead player … are they replacing the dead ones ?

@ra28 wrote:

@bantfarm wrote:
I have the sansa 8 gb fuze, mine wont charge!  I tried the all day thing, the reset…etc.  I luckily bought at Best Buy, and the cashier recommend that I buy the extended warranty for it!  She said they come back a lot for problems…of course they are just a “throw away” item…they do not fix them..it is frustrating because when replaced have to redownload everything again…only have had mine for a few months and use it everyday. 

is it true ? because there’s some one who I know is very much worried about his dead player … are they replacing the dead ones ?

Did he buy it at a Best Buy store? Are there even any Best Buys in India?

Most reputable retailers will replace a defective product that was bought from them, regardless of what it is. A common practice now though, is to try to sell you ‘insurance’ in the form of an exteneded warranty, which is generally a rip-off. Retailers do this because these ‘service contracts’ or ‘extended warranties’ are about 95-99% profit.

The first thing to try is resetting the Sansa Fuze by holding the power switch in the ON position for 20 seconds or so.   This should reset the device.

Check if the Sansa will power up on its own after the reset.

Then, try plugging in to the USB port.  Normally, the device should power up when it sees the power on the USB line.

The Sansa is covered by a one year manufacturer warranty.  A retailer service contract does potentially give you the option of dealing directly with the retailer for a replacement device, or an extension of the original one year term.  As you’re paying for it, they should honor the additional terms of their coverage.

Otherwise, contact SanDisk Support for assistance (in the USA this is 1-866-SanDisk).  Worldwide coverage is a bit different, please see the links under Support after clicking the SanDisk logo in the upper left of this page.

µsansa

@microsansa wrote:

The first thing to try is resetting the Sansa Fuze by holding the power switch in the ON position for 20 seconds or so.   This should reset the device.

Check if the Sansa will power up on its own after the reset.

Then, try plugging in to the USB port.  Normally, the device should power up when it sees the power on the USB line.

The Sansa is covered by a one year manufacturer warranty.  A retailer service contract does potentially give you the option of dealing directly with the retailer for a replacement device, or an extension of the original one year term.  As you’re paying for it, they should honor the additional terms of their coverage.

Otherwise, contact SanDisk Support for assistance (in the USA this is 1-866-SanDisk).  Worldwide coverage is a bit different , please see the links under Support after clicking the SanDisk logo in the upper left of this page.

µsansa

What coverage ? Can you elaborate ? Links under the support section has dead phone numbers, I don’t know how to call a number which does not even exist !!!

Message Edited by ra28 on 07-06-2009 08:06 PM

Leave your Sansa fuze unblock for 10 minutes, then hold the power botton for 1 minutes and 10 second, then plug back it to charge, then you’ll see the light came up if you’re lucky.

“Leave your Sansa fuze unblock for 10 minutes, then hold the power botton for 1 minutes and 10 second, then plug back it to charge, then you’ll see the light came up if you’re lucky.”

Thanks alot i did just that and it worked first try guess i got lucky

If it helps anyone one mine went into this state after its battery went all the way down. :frowning:

I am not very good at remembering to charge and have had it fully discharge once before without this problem.

hope this helps :slight_smile:

One last quick note when it was restored to working order the memory was not reset another plus  :slight_smile: