Sansa Fuze NOT RECOGNIZED on any computer and BATTERY DOESN'T CHARGE

First, English is not my first language so excuse my poor grammar, I’ll try to be as clear as possible in my explanations.

I know that hundred of people seems to have a problem that looks like mine but I found nothing in forums that helped me, really.

I have a Sansa Fuze for more than a year now and it always worked perfectly fine until now. Since 2 days, no computer is able to recognize it (even in the manage window), it’s like nothing was connected on the computer. Also when connected on the computer, it doesn’t charge. My battery is really low right now. I also tried to connect it on my Wii to charge the battery like I used to do but it doesn’t work on the Wii either. I’ve tried on 3 different computers, with 2 different cords, nothing. Always the same problem.

On the Sansa Screen, when I connect it, it says it’s connected like usual ( on computers and on wii).

I tried all the USB mode on the sansa, doesn’t work. Reset factory settings, doesn’t work. Format the device, doesn’t work.

I don’t know what to try anymore. It doesn’t seem broken, the connection between the sansa fuze and the cord seems fine, but I suspect this is someway related to this because even on Wii, my Sansa refuse to charge.

HELP!

Message Edited by Edithosaure on 03-23-2010 12:26 PM

Message Edited by Edithosaure on 03-23-2010 02:20 PM

Edithosaure wrote:

I’ve tried on 3 different computers, with 2 different cords, nothing. Always the same problem.

On the Sansa Screen, when I connect it, it says it’s connected like usual ( on computers and on wii).

I tried all the USB mode on the sansa, doesn’t work. Reset factory settings, doesn’t work. Format the device, doesn’t work.

I don’t know what to try anymore.

Looks like you’ve done all you could. Time to call SanDisk Tech Support. If they can’t get it going, they can arrange for a replacement player if it’s still under warranty. You say you’ve had it over a year, but depending on where you live, it might still be covered. I believe the European warranty might be 2 years. Tech Support can confirm that for you too.

It could also be a bad connection in the cord.

Possibly. But the OP said he had already tried 2.

Unless he’s awfully hard on cables, it’s unlikely he’d have 2 bad ones. 

Miracle.

Yesterday, I let my Sansa connected to my PC until the battery ran out (around 30 minutes). After that, my computer recognized my Sansa et the battery began to charge!

Maybe it’ll not work for a long time, but for now it seems ok.